Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Daemonia 17th June 2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 250904)
Well, I'm definitely not f*****g happy. Just opened My Bloody Valentine, that I got from Movietyme, and it's a bloody 2nd hand Blu-ray. How do I know this?......

Attachment 68911

Attachment 68912

Attachment 68913

It'll be getting sent back to the sneaky bastards.

I'm a bit mystified, what am I looking for in those pictures that indicate it's a second-hand disc?

Hawkmonger 17th June 2012 01:24 PM

The god damn scrawling all over the disk and case!
That's just discracefull, Stephen, I hope the complaint doesn't go on deaf ear's.

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th June 2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 251076)
I'm a bit mystified, what am I looking for in those pictures that indicate it's a second-hand disc?

Yep, a new copy shouldn't have intials written on the disc and paper sleeve in black marker. The shrink-wrap wasn't the nirmal think plastic either. It was a lot thicker than you usually get.

Daemonia 17th June 2012 01:37 PM

Ah yes, I can see it now. For some reason it just wasn't registering. That's appalling. That's put me off MovieTyme a bit!

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th June 2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 251087)
Ah yes, I can see it now. For some reason it just wasn't registering. That's appalling. That's put me off MovieTyme a bit!

I took a photo even before I opened it, and never even saw the writing on the front!

SharonLynette 17th June 2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 251061)
Cult Spag Western Box-set (Bullet for the General, Keoma, Django).
My Dear Killer
Happiness of the Katakuris
X - Night of Vengeance

I love Happiness of the Katakuris, it's such a great film...perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

Bringer Of Funerals 17th June 2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 251061)
Cult Spag Western Box-set (Bullet for the General, Keoma, Django).
My Dear Killer
Happiness of the Katakuris
X - Night of Vengeance

Whats X - Night Of Vengeance like? because im thinking of buying that

The 4th Fella 17th June 2012 07:09 PM

Exposé (1976)
Desert Heat (Van Damme)
Tess Of The D'Urbavilles (Arterton)
Atom Age Vampire

g053584398 17th June 2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scyther (Post 250711)
Picked up the OOP Pinky Violence set from Panik House (including the Reiko Ike CD) as well a a four pack from Kino Video, Asian Action including Yakuza Graveyard and Cops Vs Thugs Excited to check those out!
G.

Fine purchases indeed! I just love the whole Pinky Violence vibe, and some of those films are beautifully shot and directed. Exploitation cinema really can have artistic pretensions it seems.

g053584398 17th June 2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 250625)
You sweet sweet man! I think I'm going to have to take all my change down to the bank tomorrow so I can get this and Manimal :blush:

I didn't think anyone else even remembered Manimal! I really loved that show as a kid. It has been so long now that the main thing that sticks in my mind when I think about the show are the transformations which, to my then young mind, blew me away.