Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Hawkmonger 17th June 2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 251230)
I didn't think anyone else even remembered Manimal! I really loved that show as a kid. It has been so long now that the main thing that sticks in my mind when I think about the show are the transformations which, to my then young mind, blew me away.

I remember Manimal. And I wasn't even there!
I adore that show. Really underrated. Couldn't stand the Nightman crossover though. Having what's-his-face from that other 80's show make a cameo was much better.

g053584398 17th June 2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 251049)
I've seen it twice and thought it was a surprisingly intelligent feminist look at the cannibal films.

Now there is a line I never thought I would read! I'm not sure that Andrea Dworkin would have shared your view though!

g053584398 17th June 2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 251232)
I remember Manimal. And I wasn't even there!
I adore that show. Really underrated. Couldn't stand the Nightman crossover though. Having what's-his-face from that other 80's show make a cameo was much better.

I was just a little lad when Manimal aired on UK TV originally. That time, during the '80s, was a halcyon era for US produced action dramas from the point of view of young and enquiring minds.

If you didn't watch it at the time, how did you find out about it?

bdc 17th June 2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 4th Fella (Post 251204)
Exposť (1976)
Desert Heat (Van Damme)
Tess Of The D'Urbavilles (Arterton)
Atom Age Vampire

Atom Age Vampire is the heavily edited US version of Seddok,L'erede di Satana.
There's a mostly English friendly Italian dvd which has the longer Italian version (could be there's an even longer version with more nudity but that's unconfirmed). ;)

Daemonia 18th June 2012 01:04 AM

And continuing the theme of returns, I'm having hassle with the Jurassic Park discs. First film struggled to play, but eventually got it to work. Second disc wouldn't even read at first, then it played, then it froze halfway through and I couldn't get it to play past that point, no matter how many times I tried. And yes, I updated the firmware yestrday, so it's bang up-to-date. I'm hoping it's not a compatibility issue and that my replacement won't exhibit the same problems.

Oh well, I'll have to wait for the replacement before finishing the set. :(

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th June 2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 251233)
Now there is a line I never thought I would read! I'm not sure that Andrea Dworkin would have shared your view though!

I'd be shocked if she did, but also flattered!

Baseball Fury 18th June 2012 08:55 AM

I had the same problem with the Spider-Man trilogy back when it first came out. Spider-Man 2 just wouldn't boot up on my PS3, and the first film filled up with digital noise like a bad download near the end. Went through SIX(!) replacement copies with Virgin/Zavvi before I just gave up and exchanged it for some other films.

Demoncrat 18th June 2012 12:27 PM

The Vampyr dvd i ordered from the Eureka! sale came the day after i placed my order!! Ka-bloody-ching! 80 page booklet! It's heavier than 2 of my boxsets hahaha. ;)

sawyer6 18th June 2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 251323)
The Vampyr dvd i ordered from the Eureka! sale came the day after i placed my order!! Ka-bloody-ching! 80 page booklet! It's heavier than 2 of my boxsets hahaha. ;)

Very haunting movie !!

Gojirosan 18th June 2012 12:30 PM

Island Of Death from Arrow and Maniac Cop BD from Zavvi...and a bloody red card from the postman! grrrrr...

Now I don't know if I should keep my unmatted DVD of Maniac Cop as well...