Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

antmumford 2nd April 2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 71207)
I have Deathbed in a Stuart Gordon Boxset from Fullmoon.Not even close to any of the best films they have ever produced but cretainly not the worst!

I've not seen any of them yet but I'm not expecting much from them. Currently watching Don't Look in the Basement. It's only a 15 certificate yet it was one of the Video Nasties of the 80's. Shows how much more tolerable we've become over the years

vincenzo 2nd April 2010 12:26 PM

Annoyingly Puppetmaster is still the cut UK video print. :ohwell:

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 71208)
Currently watching Don't Look in the Basement. It's only a 15 certificate yet it was one of the Video Nasties of the 80's.

Cut by 1 whole second for cinema in the 70's. Now uncut.

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd April 2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 71209)
Annoyingly Puppetmaster is still the cut UK video print. :ohwell:

I know there is an unrated version available on dvd in 3-D ,featuring extended death scenes. :ack:

So Don't Look In The Basement was only cut by 1sec at the cinema and still became a video nasty? Madness!!

vincenzo 2nd April 2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 71211)
I know there is an unrated version available on dvd in 3-D ,featuring extended death scenes. :ack:

Comparison between the unrated and R-rated Puppetmaster prints here.

The UK version seems to be cut further from the R-rated print. Sloppy work from Film 2000 as the unrated print would easily pass here today.

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd April 2010 12:46 PM

About time it had an uncut release here!

On a side note,it took me years to realize that the actor who played Neil in PM (Jimmy F. Skaggs) was one of the drugs dealers at the beginning of Lethal Weapon :ack:

vincenzo 2nd April 2010 12:52 PM

He was also in the fun Ghost Town plus Clint's Pink Cadillac. Sadly died a few years ago.

bdc 2nd April 2010 12:56 PM

I think Stuart Gordon was executive producer/producer on Deathbed?
So that's why it's sometimes called Stuart Gordon's Death Bed...really hurting the good man's name imho.
I didn't care for it personally.

Got these in the -30% sales at Subdvd.

The New York Ripper - Special Restored Edition (Njuta,R2)
Modellmorden aka Nothing Underneath (Njuta/R2)

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd April 2010 12:59 PM

Yeah at least with the other films in the boxset I bought,(Castle Freak ,The Pit And The Pendulum),they were ones he actually directed.

bdc 2nd April 2010 01:06 PM

I really like Castle Freak (good Italian vibes).
Also need to get Pit sometime because it's been ages since I last watched it (can't remember a thing!)

42ndStreetFreak 2nd April 2010 01:25 PM

"House of Wax (Price)/"Mystery of the Wax Museum" - Great value at £3.
"Mystery" is simply down as being a bonus feature. Hell of an extra!