Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 24th June 2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by it'smebilly (Post 252631)
I really want that Lost highway BD. Does anyone know if it's safe to get one or should I wait till they're all recalled?

i'd wait for a recall. My lost highway disc is fine, and my twin peaks disc has a couple of errors but nowhere near as much as others seem to, but from what I gather, i'm in the minority.

Paul@TheOverlook 24th June 2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 252732)
That's Piper Perabo, from Coyote Ugly.

...and the brilliantly titled Slap Her She's French!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th June 2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 252543)
They definitely are. Contact:

Upenquiries@cinram.com

:)

Thanks for that Paul. I'll watch the film and see whether my disc has been too badly affected and, if it has, I'll send an e-mail and try and get a replacement sent out.

Paul@TheOverlook 24th June 2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 252762)
Thanks for that Paul. I'll watch the film and see whether my disc has been too badly affected and, if it has, I'll send an e-mail and try and get a replacement sent out.

I think the replacement program is good until November anyway, mate :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th June 2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 252764)
I think the replacement program is good until November anyway, mate :)

That's good to know, so I don't need to be in a desperate rush to watch the disc, even if it is near top priority on my pile of unwatched discs!

Susan Foreman 24th June 2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 251267)
And continuing the theme of returns, I'm having hassle with the Jurassic Park discs. First film struggled to play, but eventually got it to work. Second disc wouldn't even read at first, then it played, then it froze halfway through and I couldn't get it to play past that point, no matter how many times I tried

I'm probably going to get kicked off this thread for talking about a DVD, but my 'Jurassic Park' box set is exactly the same

Sadly, I bought it a few years ago and by the time I got round to watching the films, the receipt was well-and-truly gone, so I am stuck with unviewable movies

Paul@TheOverlook 24th June 2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 252774)
That's good to know, so I don't need to be in a desperate rush to watch the disc, even if it is near top priority on my pile of unwatched discs!

I'm sure that's ever expanding and titles are often relegated in favour of newer acquisitions!

SharonLynette 24th June 2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 4th Fella (Post 252695)

Is the remake of "And Soon the Darkness" any good? I love the original so have stayed far away from the remake but I do like Amber Heard.

The 4th Fella 24th June 2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 252699)
I've never heard of Covert Affairs.

Who's the woman?

That's Piper Perabo, she plays the shows protagonist, Annie Walker.

Piper Perabo pictures and photos
Piper Perabo - IMDb

As for And Soon The Darkness, i've not watched it yet.

Susan Foreman 24th June 2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 4th Fella (Post 252791)
That's Piper Perabo, she plays the shows protagonist, Annie Walker.

Not the ex-landlady of 'The Rovers Return'?