Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Hawkmonger 4th July 2012 11:13 AM

I would assume they are.
Please do forgive me if they are not.

Gojirosan 4th July 2012 11:14 AM

No. In fact, hardly any of the films featured on MST3K were public domain titles, if you look down the list.

Hawkmonger 4th July 2012 11:15 AM

Really? How very queer, I had thought they would not have been able to use them if they had not been Public Domain.
Though this hardly phases anything IMHO.

Demoncrat 4th July 2012 11:19 AM

Been finding cheap stuff on amazon.co.uk. Whip & The Body, £5.20! Perfume for a lady in Black £7.49! Lemora £7.31! (yes, this is for someone else, 3 copies is enough haha)

Boo Radley 4th July 2012 12:48 PM

The postie dropped off Invincible's uncut A Serbian Film and a 3 disc German Blu ray of Mark of the Devil.
The latter is a stunning release and recommended!

Pete 4th July 2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 255175)
You actualy WANT to watch The Head that Wouldn't Die?
I find that hard to believe, some movies ARE bad enough to take the micky out of. Interestingly, with the exeption of a few, most of the people affiliated with the movie's that where riffed where actualy rather happy about it.

I watched it a couple of weeks ago, because I wanted too. And I want to see it again because the version I have is missing around 10 mins of footage.

Yes, some movies are bad enough to have the piss taken out of them but I don't get why you'd find it so hard to believe that people would want to watch them. There are lots of things I think are terrible but I can still see why people would want to watch them.

And hardly any of the films on the show are public domain. ;)

keirarts 4th July 2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 255179)
I think your missing the point of the show.
They couldn't do any of the aformentined movies because some had not been released by that point (BTW), where very much in the public eye, where populare at the time, and where NOT in the public domain (like all the movies they DID review).
The show was intended to provide light hearted humour at no one's expence (even ADAM WEST complimented the show when they riffed his movie, Zombie Nightmare).
If you dont like it and want to watch your movies riff free, then that's fine by me, but I for one adored the show and still do.

I always found msft a bit hit and miss. I enjoyed the manos episode but was a bit perplexed when they featured THIS ISLAND EARTH, a film I thought was very good indeed.

The show was about a bloke stranded in deep space forced to watch terrible movies as part of an experiment, I always found it odd when the movies featured were actually pretty decent.

Slippery Jack 4th July 2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 255207)
I always found msft a bit hit and miss. I enjoyed the manos episode but was a bit perplexed when they featured THIS ISLAND EARTH, a film I thought was very good indeed.

The show was about a bloke stranded in deep space forced to watch terrible movies as part of an experiment, I always found it odd when the movies featured were actually pretty decent.

Oof! I've never even heard of this show, but I already hate the sound of it - sounds like the bully who picks on the easy target (and yeah, This Island Earth rocks!) :mmph: . . .

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th July 2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 255213)
Oof! I've never even heard of this show, but I already hate the sound of it - sounds like the bully who picks on the easy target (and yeah, This Island Earth rocks!) :mmph: . . .

No it doesn't.

It should but it fails miserably.

It features one of the greatest looking aliens ever, and doesn't give it any screen time. :rolleyes:

Susan Foreman 4th July 2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 255241)
It features one of the greatest looking aliens ever, and doesn't give it any screen time. :rolleyes:

Gypsy, Crow or Tom Servo?