Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th July 2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 261671)
It's in there. Look again.:loco:

I stand corrected, thanks Hawk. Its that brown mucky looking non entity isn't it. ;)

Bringer Of Funerals 30th July 2012 02:18 PM

What do u think then of my buys

keirarts 30th July 2012 02:29 PM

My BDX 1200 blu-ray player turned up about half an hour ago. A quick firmware upgrade followed by a remote hack and its now region free. Checked the WHISPERER IN THE DARKNESS, which though region free has the latest firmware requirements and it plays fine so the machine should last me. Best thing is EVIL DEAD 2, the supurb quality region locked disc is going for less than £6 (before postage) so I bought that as well as the DIVIDE (a film I would have loved to have bought from the uk, but sadly no blu-ray is yet available).

The players sitting under my ps3 set permenantly at REGION A and REGION 0 for dvd's so its going to be primarily playing my dvd's and imported discs, while the uk stuff will run via the ps3.

I'm now a very happy fella! (though somewhat poorer)

keirarts 30th July 2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 261670)
I picked it up a couple of months ago.

Its not bad at all, a few nice gory kills, but it is pretty dark, you'll need the lights off when you watch. (which i always have anyway).

sounds right up my ally!

Bringer Of Funerals 30th July 2012 02:52 PM

Didnt know where to post this but i want this

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/...ostbusters.jpg

Slippery Jack 30th July 2012 02:59 PM

Whaaa? But he'd made of marshmallow! I don't get it :confused: . . .

Bringer Of Funerals 30th July 2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 261688)
Whaaa? But he'd made of marshmallow! I don't get it :confused: . . .

Its different though :tongue1:

Slippery Jack 30th July 2012 03:08 PM

Yup, it is that :lol:

I Just bought 6 Films To Keep You Awake, cuz Gojirosan made me :shocked: . . .

Rik 30th July 2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 261676)
My BDX 1200 blu-ray player turned up about half an hour ago. A quick firmware upgrade followed by a remote hack and its now region free. Checked the WHISPERER IN THE DARKNESS, which though region free has the latest firmware requirements and it plays fine so the machine should last me. Best thing is EVIL DEAD 2, the supurb quality region locked disc is going for less than £6 (before postage) so I bought that as well as the DIVIDE (a film I would have loved to have bought from the uk, but sadly no blu-ray is yet available).

The players sitting under my ps3 set permenantly at REGION A and REGION 0 for dvd's so its going to be primarily playing my dvd's and imported discs, while the uk stuff will run via the ps3.

I've had that Evil Dead 2 BD since it came out, when I found out it was locked it was too late to cancel so for the time being I'm stuck with it, I really need to invest in a region free player so I can watch it

PaulD 30th July 2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 261676)

A wonderful decision!