Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

pedromonkey 10th April 2010 01:00 PM

just been on my fortnightly visit to the charity shops and Cash generator.

got some bargains....

The Prophecy 1-3 1.99 each pdsa shop
Pieces (boulervard release) 3.00 cash gen
An american Haunting 3.00 Cash Gen.

oaxaca 10th April 2010 01:07 PM

Nice one with the Tartan's, Darth!

I think American Haunting is a decent enough film Pedro, certainly good eye candy, and 2 A-grade actors in Spacek and Sutherland!!

Good buys everyone!:dance:

ps. Just ordered Children of the Corn AB trilogy off Play.com for £3.99. Couldn't resist at that price. I'm going to step away from the computer now...must...stop...spending...money. :p

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th April 2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 73130)
Nice one with the Tartan's, Darth!

I think American Haunting is a decent enough film Pedro, certainly good eye candy, and 2 A-grade actors in Spacek and Sutherland!!

Good buys everyone!:dance:

ps. Just ordered Children of the Corn AB trilogy off Play.com for £3.99. Couldn't resist at that price. I'm going to step away from the computer now...must...stop...spending...money. :p

£3.99! Nice! But don't tempt me oaxaca! I must resist! I've said to myself I will not spend anymore money on dvds...at least until the ones I ordered are delivered anyways! :laugh:

KPWNINJA 10th April 2010 01:22 PM

Picked up a few films over the Easter weekend! :happy:

REPO! The Genetic Opera (2008)

Zombieland (2009)

Martyrs (2008)

Eden Lake (2008)

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
Seriously Ultimate Edition

Not yet seen Martyrs so I cannot comment but all the other films looked stunning on Blu-ray and are highly recommended! TCM has never looked so damn good!!! :D

oaxaca 10th April 2010 01:24 PM

Yeah tell em about it. I feel as though I need COTC 4-7 now though, which apparently comes in a boxset, which no online stores sell...

cex.co.uk are listing COTC 4 for 10p lol, they may aswell give it away.

http://www.cex.co.uk/products/DVD/DV...rn IV&mode=buy

KPWNINJA 10th April 2010 01:40 PM

Received and picked up a few great films over the Easter weekend as it was my birthday! :happy:

SAW VI (2009)
Big Man Japan (2007)
Tokyo Zombie (2005)
Zombieland (2009)
Martyrs (2008)
Eden Lake (2008)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) Seriously Ultimate Edition

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th April 2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPWNINJA (Post 73139)
Received and picked up a few great films over the Easter weekend as it was my birthday! :happy:

SAW VI (2009)
Big Man Japan (2007)
Tokyo Zombie (2005)
Zombieland (2009)
Martyrs (2008)
Eden Lake (2008)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) Seriously Ultimate Edition

Oooooh! Very very nice KPW! Very nice indeed! And happy birthday too :) Which one of those have you seen? Any favs?

I got Phantom Of The Paradise (a Phantom Of The Opera film but with glam rock - hell yeah!) and Gory Gory Hallelujah in the post today. GGH looks crazy - from what I've seen it's about a bunch of Elvis impersonators and a bunch of Jesus impersonators during a zombie outbreak...oh, did I mention it's a musical too? :pound: Looks great!

KPWNINJA 10th April 2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 73141)
Oooooh! Very very nice KPW! Very nice indeed! And happy birthday too :) Which one of those have you seen? Any favs?

Thanks iluvdvds! :) The only films I haven't yet out of the bunch are Martyrs, Big Man Japan and Tokyo Zombie!

I missed SAW VI at the pictures last year so it was the first time I'd seen it the other night. One word: HOFFMAN :) I can't wait for SAW VII!

My favorite of the bunch though has to be Eden Lake. It's the first film in a very long time that has left me emotionally drained. Highly recommended!

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th April 2010 03:04 PM

Bought the Cine Asia/Dragon Dynasty dvd of Jet Li's Fist Of Legend.I would have bough it on blu-ray but stevoj's pet hate stopped me from buying it.....Irish Certificates on the cover! :lol: They had actually gotten a new batch of the dvds in that had the Irish cert on them and it was just pure luck that they still have a few that were free of them.......otherwise I wouldn't have bought the dvd either.:biggrin:

nekromantik 10th April 2010 03:07 PM

happy bday KPWNINJA!!

I recieved The Strangers and The Children blu yesterday, but I may return strangers as Its gone down in price by £1 :lol:

Yes im a stoodent so that £1 is important!!