Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th April 2010 03:11 PM

:lol: You mean return it and then re-purchase it at the new price? :lol:

pedromonkey 10th April 2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 73141)
Oooooh! Very very nice KPW! Very nice indeed! And happy birthday too :) Which one of those have you seen? Any favs?

I got Phantom Of The Paradise (a Phantom Of The Opera film but with glam rock - hell yeah!) and Gory Gory Hallelujah in the post today. GGH looks crazy - from what I've seen it's about a bunch of Elvis impersonators and a bunch of Jesus impersonators during a zombie outbreak...oh, did I mention it's a musical too? :pound: Looks great!

Phantom Of the Paradise is a fantastic film, one of Brian DePalmers best, and has a musical score and soundtrack from paul williams who did the music and sang on the Bugsy Malone Soundtrack. Good choice on that, never Heard of Gory Gory Hallelujah, but im very intrigued by this now...

nekromantik 10th April 2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 73161)
:lol: You mean return it and then re-purchase it at the new price? :lol:

ha ha
Maybe :tongue1:

Might just return and keep me eye out for it on ebay or return em both :lol:

Gigantor 10th April 2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 72251)
Good to see someone still buying VHS'. I much prefer VHS cases to DVD cases, despite (or perhaps because) they take up more room :D

I'm currently very happy because I've just purchased THE WICKER MAN and HELLRAISER 1+2 ANCHOR BAY LIMITED EDITION TINS (well, wooden box in the case of the wicker man) from fellow forum member SideshowBob! Can't wait to get them :D:D:bananasuit:

Oh yeah VHS tapes are abs:ack:olute space killers

Gigantor 10th April 2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazon2709 (Post 72535)
A Giallo fest.....:cool:

Bad Inclination
Death Laid an Egg
Eyes of Crystal
Murder Rock
Sette Scialli Di Seta Gialla
Seven Blood Stained Orchids
All the Colors of the Dark
Autopsy
Naked You Die

Plus non Giallo

Blood on Satan's Claw
Dread

I'll get around to all of em......eventually

You can make a little base out of your DVDS until you watch thewm,More fun than just lettting them sit in a pile collecting dust;)

pedromonkey 10th April 2010 04:49 PM

i used to make forts for my action force and star wars figures out of Vhs boxes when i were a boy, they were also handy for propping up ramps for remote control cars...

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th April 2010 05:29 PM

Ran out to Tesco again (well I use term ran very loosely....ok I walked) and picked up Kill Zone on dvd.That just leaves me The Shinjuku Incident to get but I'll definately get that one on blu-ray.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th April 2010 05:39 PM

Nothing I've see but this is something very interesting I saw in a shop earlier.I was looking through the blu-rays and happened to pick up Clash Of The Titans and noticed something on the back of the cover.There was a little notice on it that said the film had been remastered using state of the art technology whilst maintaining the visual quality of the original theatrical presentaion.Which basically means they feel the need to inform people that there is grain in the image! Unbelievable!

Daemonia 10th April 2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 72954)
That's good to know Dae!
Tenner not wasted then!:thumb:

Definitely not, mate! I nabbed mine from HMV online a while back for £5.99 :thumb:

eNoize 10th April 2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 73193)
Nothing I've see but this is something very interesting I saw in a shop earlier.I was looking through the blu-rays and happened to pick up Clash Of The Titans and noticed something on the back of the cover.There was a little notice on it that said the film had been remastered using state of the art technology whilst maintaining the visual quality of the original theatrical presentaion.Which basically means they feel the need to inform people that there is grain in the image! Unbelievable!

yes, most folks still don't understand film grain is natural and should be expected in most all films. It is as bad as people preferring full frame over anamorphic widescreen and complaining about "the black bars on top and bottom."

I've actually read in other forums that some prefer the Alliance Canadian release of A Nightmare on Elm Street over the U.S. Warner version simply due to the lack of grain. In fact, here's a review from one claiming as much -- ANoEs Blu-ray review