Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Basketcase 12th April 2010 11:12 AM

last night i purchased:
toxic avenger
toxic avenger 2
toxic avenger 3
cutting moments
blue velvet
all for £5.75 now thats what i call a bargain.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th April 2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philleh (Post 73498)
stunt rock (code red)

:peace:

Ooooh yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Philleh 12th April 2010 11:23 AM

Can't beat a bit of Grant Page craziness! :thumb:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th April 2010 01:10 PM

Ordered some films I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE! Heavy Metal and Hard Rock Zombies!!!!!! OH YEAH!

I think I'll also might get Black Roses, Rock N Roll Nightmare and Rock And Rule by the end of the day :laugh: I can't resist the temptation!

Pete 12th April 2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 73498)
Just picked up:

Law Abiding Citizen (blu)
1 Day (New Penny Willcock film)

and went on a Ozploitation spending spree:

Thirst (Synapse)
Strange Behaviour (Synapse)
Dark Forces (Synapse)
Patrick (Synapse)
Stunt Rock (Code Red)

:peace:

Some great stuff there Pip. I really need to pick up Patrick, I haven't seen it :(

oaxaca 12th April 2010 01:36 PM

I never knew Aus produced so many exploitation flicks! I missed out on that film 4 documentary. Is this a modern thing or are all the ozploitation movies old classics?

pedromonkey 12th April 2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 73532)
Ordered some films I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE! Heavy Metal and Hard Rock Zombies!!!!!! OH YEAH!

I think I'll also might get Black Roses, Rock N Roll Nightmare and Rock And Rule by the end of the day :laugh: I can't resist the temptation!

Love love love heavy metal, i got the sequal heavy metal 2000 free from total dvd once, a bit crap compared to the original but entertaining in it's own right, south park did an episode where they ripped off heavy metal. it was spot on...

i can save you some money too Kyle, i have a copy of Rock and Rule, the two disc OOP that i don't want, if you want i'll be willing to trade with it...i just didn't like the film....

Philleh 12th April 2010 01:45 PM

They've been at it since the 60's! They focused mostly on nudity then though, the 70's is where the focused on the gore.

80's were all about causing mayhem!

You should buy Not Quite Hollywood; but prepare to have your bank accoutn rocked! Ha.

KPWNINJA 12th April 2010 01:48 PM

Just purchased Toxic Avenger Part II and A Tale of Two Sisters! :happy:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th April 2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 73549)
Love love love heavy metal, i got the sequal heavy metal 2000 free from total dvd once, a bit crap compared to the original but entertaining in it's own right, south park did an episode where they ripped off heavy metal. it was spot on...

i can save you some money too Kyle, i have a copy of Rock and Rule, the two disc OOP that i don't want, if you want i'll be willing to trade with it...i just didn't like the film....

Yeah, I heard the sequel wasn't that great. Oh well, you can't complain; getting it for nothing! :pound:

Rock And Rule looks so weird. Looks like The Goofy Movie! I'm afraid I don't have many DVDs for trade, here's my list mate:

- Barry Norman's Film Quiz (Complete with booklet and pad etc)
- Casablanca
- Chinatown
- Churchill: The Hollywood Years
- Death Note 2 (2 Disc with book)
- Doctor Who Series 2, Volume 4
- Bram Stoker's Dracula (2 Disc)
- Dumb and Dumberer
- Fahrenheit 9/11
- Gremlins
- Kicking And Screaming
- Komodo
- Moby.Live
- Clive Barker's The Plague
- Public Enemy
- The Shawshank Redemption
- Shrooms
- The Sin Eater
- Lawrence Of Arabia (2-Disc)
- Friends Series 10, 1-4

They're on page 26 of the Dvd Trades thread.

I'll be more than happy to swap with any of those. :)