Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

antmumford 12th April 2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 73498)
Just picked up:

Law Abiding Citizen (blu)
1 Day (New Penny Willcock film)

and went on a Ozploitation spending spree:

Thirst (Synapse)
Strange Behaviour (Synapse)
Dark Forces (Synapse)
Patrick (Synapse)
Stunt Rock (Code Red)

:peace:

Don't tell me...... you watched Not Quite Hollywood the other night didn't you?

42ndStreetFreak 12th April 2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 73649)
Don't tell me...... you watched Not Quite Hollywood the other night didn't you?

LOL! I've ordered "The Chain Reaction" and the R1 "Wolf Creek" (got the extra scene in) as I saw it at the cinema but did not own it..only £1.95.

Far as I remember "PatricK" was rather dull...but the clips in the doc made it look good!

There are 2 great 'Ozploitation" box sets out in Australia with about 16 of the films covered in the doc. But they're over £30 + postage each and they seem only available from Australia.

antmumford 12th April 2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 73653)
LOL! I've ordered "The Chain Reaction" and the R1 "Wolf Creek" (got the extra scene in) as I saw it at the cinema but did not own it..only £1.95.

Far as I remember "PatricK" was rather dull...but the clips in the doc made it look good!

There are 2 great 'Ozploitation" box sets out in Australia with about 16 of the films covered in the doc. But they're over £30 + postage each and they seem only available from Australia.

Mate I got both of those boxsets for just under £30 from Chaos.com

oaxaca 12th April 2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPWNINJA (Post 73596)
Just picked up The Master of Gore Collection containing the Herschell Gordon Lewis films 2000 Maniacs, Wizard of Gore, Gruesome Twosome and Colour Me Blood Red for £4! :happy:

Just bought this too!

Its £4 on amazon marketplace...2 copies left + free delivery! What a bargain! :pound:

antmumford 12th April 2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 73681)
Just bought this too!

Its £4 on amazon marketplace...2 copies left + free delivery! What a bargain! :pound:

Make that 1 left, sold!...... To the guy who hated Blood Feast 2 :confused:

Phats 12th April 2010 11:49 PM

Think I may have just nabbed the last copy then! Well I hope I have anyway. :ohwell:

kingofwitches666 12th April 2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 73682)
Make that 1 left, sold!...... To the guy who hated Blood Feast 2 :confused:

Make that 0 left, just bought the last one! :bananasuit:

kingofwitches666 13th April 2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 73684)
Think I may have just nabbed the last copy then! Well I hope I have anyway. :ohwell:

Hmmm, wonder which one us managed to nab it Phats? Suppose we'll find out soon enough. Hopefully they'll conjure up a spare copy then we'll both be happy! :biggrin:

eNoize 13th April 2010 03:20 AM

The Collector

A carpenter in dire straits decides to burglarize the home where he recently finished a job. The family is supposed to be on vacation/holiday, but he quickly discovers he is not alone in the house. A masked serial killer is already inside and has set elaborate, violent contraptions throughout. The carpenter is now trapped without an escape plan, along with the owners of the house.

I was pleasantly surprised by this one with some good kills and suspense. The Blu-ray, on the other hand, looks terrible though it likely reflects its low-budget origins. The audio is much better and amusing -- makes interesting use Bauhaus's "Bela Lugosi's Dead."

oaxaca 13th April 2010 07:00 AM

Hey I don't think you two need worry as it still says there's 3 available on the site lol. Maybe they have a bottomless pit of them. Its strange that it was £4 new yet £15 used! Everywhere else I've looked its been £15+ too. A real bargain!:heh:

I'd like to thank KPWNINJA for bringing it to our attention :D