Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

vincenzo 14th April 2010 02:13 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed The Changeling. Creepy stuff with the ever reliable George C. :nod:

Phats 14th April 2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 74089)
Went and got:

Bride with white hair 1 (tartan)
Fearless (Jet Li)
House (AB)
Friday13th 6 & 8 (my 2 faves :p)
Double Team (Tsui Hark directed JCVD actioner) Can't wait to see this as I loved what John Woo did with Hard Target!! :D (I like Hark just as much as Woo :D)

All from CEX (BwWH was most expensive @ £3.50)

Watch out for the various awful basketball puns in Double Team. It's not a great movie but it's certainly better than Simon Sez.

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th April 2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 74091)
The Changeling

The movie that gave me nightmares for years as a child. :cry:

pedromonkey 14th April 2010 04:23 PM

it's one ive never seen. it seems to be a favourite among people on here, im kinda getting back into the haunted house genre as i recently got Legend of Hell House and The Haunting (original)...

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th April 2010 04:25 PM

I haven't seen it in years,I'd probably watch it now and slap myself for being such a baby all those years ago!

oaxaca 14th April 2010 04:53 PM

Changeling is a cool film, a classic haunted house story. Legend of Hell House is also a favourite of mine but the best must be the Haunting; its a masterpiece (and filmed just down the road from me in Ettington Manor :p).

darthelvis 14th April 2010 06:38 PM

Trying to get all the Arrow releases so picked up Silent Night Deadly Night and Sleepless in Newcastle. Also received Day of the Dead Blu Ray and Terror at the Opera prizes today.

Picking up some video nasties online as well and got Axe, SS Experiment Camp, Unhinged, Dead and Buried & Driller Killer

Pete 14th April 2010 06:41 PM

The XXX version of Beast in Space arrived this morning:dance:

Philleh 14th April 2010 06:52 PM

Grab yourself some Uranus Milk and settle down, ma'man!!

(and try to stay awake! ha)

42ndStreetFreak 14th April 2010 08:04 PM

"Patrick" £1

"Sudden Fury" - Low budget UK gore/action film.
One of the last appearances of the wonderful David Warbeck, as a blowtorch wielding gangster boss!

"Tenchu" - DVD-R (widescreen, subs, pretty good quality).
One of the holy grails of Samurai cinema, sadly not with a DVD release.
Epic in scope, full of Intrigue, much blood and a cast that includes Katsu Shintaro (Zatoichi), Nakadai Tatsuya ("Ran") and that infamous nut case Mishima Yukiro.