Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th September 2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 273601)
3 for £20 instore, was given a present of 'i'll buy you a blu-ray' from the other half and thought i'd maximise the outcome with a special offer :D

Interesting selection. Poltergeist is a classic, We Need to Talk about Kevin is a masterpiece and Melancholia is one which you might think is brilliant. I thought the subject material and acting was first rate, but the direction was a little clunky and disjointed.

On a purely juvenile level, there is one scene where Kirsten Dunst is lying naked by a river and there are a couple of quite long shots of her from the waist up – very impressive!

Justin101 15th September 2012 01:15 PM

I'm not sure which to watch first, Poltergeist I haven't seen for a long long time, not seen either of the other two but looking forward to both!

On the subject of Poltergeist, we watched it on 'the last day of term' maybe 2nd or 3rd year Secondary, some of the lads were screaming haha - so funny, the bit under the bed made almost everyone jump out of their skin. Don't know what our form teacher was thinking!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th September 2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 273610)
I'm not sure which to watch first, Poltergeist I haven't seen for a long long time, not seen either of the other two but looking forward to both!

On the subject of Poltergeist, we watched it on 'the last day of term' maybe 2nd or 3rd year Secondary, some of the lads were screaming haha - so funny, the bit under the bed made almost everyone jump out of their skin. Don't know what our form teacher was thinking!

At least you know what you're going to get with Poltergeist and could watch it any evening. Melancholia and We Need to Talk about Kevin are much more heavy going and you really need to pay attention, so clear your schedule for those!

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th September 2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 273605)
Seriously Dem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 273606)
No way! :jaw:
I first saw this when I was about 7 when my cousin was looking after me one day, needless to say he got a severe bollocking off my mum when she found out, great film definitely one of Tobe Hooper's best films

Yeah i missed it as a kid and ever since thought it wouldn't be horror enough to watch now.

Justin101 15th September 2012 01:21 PM

Scary or not Dem it's an awesome ghost story! should take the plunge you'll enjoy it.

Rik 15th September 2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 273614)
Yeah i missed it as a kid and ever since thought it wouldn't be horror enough to watch now.

I don't find it scary now as an adult, but certain scenes scared the crap outta me as a kid, hence the bollocking for my cousin :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th September 2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 273614)

I also missed it as a kid – I hardly ever watched films when I was younger, only getting into horror films in my late teens – but have watched it over half a dozen times. It isn't particularly scary (few horror films are nowadays), but it's excellent and one you should definitely watch.

keirarts 15th September 2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 273560)
And you'll get stung by Customs and Royal Mail too. So add another £8 - £9 on top of that as well.

hadn't even thought about that! It mind end up cheaper to buy from one of the speculators off ebay :lol:

Better yet i'll stick with the dvd that cost me a quid and use the money to play catch up on code red releases. They seem to actually be reprinting the stuff that sold out!

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th September 2012 01:26 PM

Cheers Rik, Nos and Justin. :thumb:

With endorsements like that i can't really go wrong, next time i'm on Amazon i'll order it.

bdc 15th September 2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 273622)
Cheers Rik, Nos and Justin. :thumb:

With endorsements like that i can't really go wrong, next time i'm on Amazon i'll order it.

There's some cheap copies on there. ;)