Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd September 2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 274882)
Got this for 3 Euro at work yesterday...can't find any info on it online ...it's a HK Deltamac/Fox release I think (does anyone have more info?).

I made some (bad) pics this morning...this box set is very big.:shocked::lol:

That's a really cool set. Is it all nine seasons of The X-Files?

bdc 22nd September 2012 11:56 AM

Yes,it's all nine seasons. :nod:
I think it holds 68 dvd's.

VicDakin 22nd September 2012 11:57 AM

im a fopp

3 Attachment(s)
went to Foppland

Attachment 81226Attachment 81227Attachment 81228

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd September 2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 274886)
Yes,it's all nine seasons. Rnod:

I wrote that post and had another look at your photos, with the first one mentioning nine seasons – D'oh!

After yesterday's purchases, I see you're back back to buying things with Chinese characters on the packaging, so normal service is resumed!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd September 2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 274865)
It is what it is. Like I said, NOTLD would never have sold out (which it will soon) if it wasn't a limited release. Fright Night didn't sell as fast and i'd probably say there are a lot more fans of that film. Not dillusional, but the fact is, TT have this for 3 years, there are only 3000, Fright Night now goes for a lot on ebay,and these may never get another release. THAT'S why they're selling so many copies. You 'd actually be surprised how many copies some films sell that have a wide release. Some only sell in the hundreds.

I really only bought this because it was limited edition and really had to think hard about whether to buy it or not because of the price.

Had it been a regularly priced Blu-ray set, Steelbook or otherwise, I definitely would have thought it, so Daemonia is right to say this would have done creditable business if it was available on the shelves in HMV, Amazon.com/Amazon.co.uk and other 'regular' online retailers as a non-exclusive set.

bdc 22nd September 2012 12:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just found something about the HK set... ;)

"X-Files Complete Seasons 1-9 DVD Boxset Super Collection Version"
Officially authorized.

On the spines of the "dvd booklets" inside the seasons are only identified in Chinese characters ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 / 一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八 九 )
According to the box it's region 3 btw.

platostotal 22nd September 2012 01:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
That's me skint, so last buys for September.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd September 2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 274886)
Yes,it's all nine seasons. :nod:
I think it holds 68 dvd's.

3 Euro's for all that, wow what a bargain. Brilliant buy Bdc. :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 274887)

Have you seen The Notorious Bettie Page before Vic?

I really like it. :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd September 2012 02:06 PM

I honestly don't think it would sell a lot. Maybe more than the 3000 but not much. Maybe over time it would. But hey, I'm not bothered if folks want to complain about it not getting a wider release, all I care about is that I'm getting a copy. :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd September 2012 02:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This weeks arrivals.