Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 24th September 2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 275322)
Fair enough I suppose, work is work, even if it's shit :)

What, no love for "The Football Factory"? Still the best thing I've seen this year.

Anyhow, just picked up "The Cabin in the Woods" DVD from Morrisons and the Blu-ray of "The Raid".

Make Them Die Slowly 24th September 2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 275312)
Picked up The Raid in Sainsburys whilst getting my lunch this morning. £12 and comes with a lenticular slip; if you like that sort of thing.

I just paid an extra 99p for it in Morrisons.

darthelvis 24th September 2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 275312)
Picked up The Raid in Sainsburys whilst getting my lunch this morning. £12 and comes with a lenticular slip; if you like that sort of thing.

Apparently issues with the UK blu ray: This Week’s Joss Whedon Blu-ray Cock-Up | SFX

Vampix 24th September 2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 275318)
He's like a British Steven Seagal churning out 3 or 4 films a year. In his autobiography and on the extras for "The Basement", Dyer talks about this and how as a jobbing British actor in low budget films you have to take whatever is given to you, whenever it's offered, to pay the bills as the pay for the work isn't great.

I wouldn't call Danny Dyer an actor, he more or less plays himself in every film he appears in.The same could be said for Ray Winstone too. :fear: :D

darthelvis 24th September 2012 12:15 PM

Ignore the quote, just noticed that was for the Raid and not Cabin in the Woods.

Baseball Fury 24th September 2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 274886)
Yes,it's all nine seasons. :nod:
I think it holds 68 dvd's.

For €3?

bdc 24th September 2012 12:45 PM

Yes. :nod:

Susan Foreman 24th September 2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 274476)
Have just put in orders for:

Dr Who - Planet of Giants
Dr Who - Vengeance on Varos special edition
Demons - Arrow films
Demons 2 - Arrow films

Please forgive my ignorance here, but these arrived today

The two arrow films came with a comic and information booklet

Should they also have a poster, or are they not included in these releases?

Make Them Die Slowly 24th September 2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 275339)
I wouldn't call Danny Dyer an actor, he more or less plays himself in every film he appears in.The same could be said for Ray Winstone too. :fear: :D

I have to disagree, his early work was really varied plus he was hand picked by Harold Pinter to be in two of his plays, not many actors can claim that. Sure, he's become a cliché of late but as stated in my earlier post that is more down to needs than desire.

Make Them Die Slowly 24th September 2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 275340)
Ignore the quote, just noticed that was for the Raid and not Cabin in the Woods.

"The Cabin in the Woods" DVD plays okay, so it must just be the Blu-ray.