Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

ArgentoFan1987 27th September 2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 276107)
This just arrived, the result of a drunken unknown bid on ebay. Never seen it before so I'm looking forward to checking it out shortly. Also received my rental of Beneath The Darkness from Lovefilm, gonna save that one for tonight I think.

Attachment 81887

Can't say I've ever heard of Derranged. Tell us what it's like once you've watched it, please :)

gag 27th September 2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 276113)
Can't say I've ever heard of Derranged. Tell us what it's like once you've watched it, please :)

I enjoyed it thought it was pretty good and worth a buy I need to buy it haven't it yet, if you like true stories you will enjoy it even more

If its uncut there a scene where he digs up a dead body cuts head off and scoops brains out, if I'm aware that's the only scene cut and difference between cut and uncut version,

Rik 27th September 2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 276113)

It's based on the real life crimes of Ed Gein, who if you don't already know inspired such films as Psycho, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Silence of the Lambs and obviously Ed Gein.

Deranged (1974)

Rik 27th September 2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 276117)
I enjoyed it thought it was pretty good and worth a buy I need to buy it haven't it yet, if you like true stories you will enjoy it even more

If its uncut there a scene where he digs up a dead body cuts head off and scoops brains out, if I'm aware that's the only scene cut and difference between cut and uncut version,

Yeah, that scene has just been on, only part of the transfer that looks bad. It's missing from the R1 double bill with Motel Hell, although that release is cheaper

ArgentoFan1987 27th September 2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 276118)
It's based on the real life crimes of Ed Gein, who if you don't already know inspired such films as Psycho, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Silence of the Lambs and obviously Ed Gein.

Deranged (1974)

Should be interesting!

I believe he killed people in his basement and ate parts of them in the 50's (if he's the right killer).

gag 27th September 2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 276118)

Deranged (1974)

Ed Gein is the most portrayed real life person in films inspired or got idea from,

Rik 27th September 2012 12:26 PM

That's right, he was one sick puppy. I've had a morbid fascination with serial killers ever since I was about 11 and have loads of books about Gein, without sounding too weird he's always been my favourite

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th September 2012 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Deranged can be bought in the MGM Midnite Movies range as a double disc with Motel Hell, if you want a copy Argentofan.

keirarts 27th September 2012 12:41 PM

I really like DERANGED, there should be lots of behind the scenes material on the german disc as well. I just own the mgm double bill.

keirarts 27th September 2012 12:43 PM

Watched Tim burtons DARK SHADOWS last night, totally daft but I suppose thats the point, thought it was really enjoyable, certainly Burtons best movie for a while.