Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

oaxaca 17th April 2010 10:13 AM

Just trading in most of my trade list to CEX...got the following in return:

Near Dark (2-disc AB)
Serpent & the Rainbow
Edmond (tarton video)
Exit Wounds (steven seagull - I can't help being into cheesy action flicks :p)
Stripes (classic 80s Murray/Candy/Ramis comedy-shame Chase&Ayckroyd couldn't attend the party too!)

vincenzo 17th April 2010 11:35 AM

I enjoyed the disaster films of the 70's (even the hilarious When Time Ran Out) though the 90's/00's ones haven't really done much for me. I thought Twister was great fun though and even Deep Impact had its moments.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th April 2010 05:01 PM

Me too Steve.It was a no-brainer piece of entertainment.

THE DESCENT II Looks stunning on Blu-Ray btw.:nod:

Sam 17th April 2010 06:53 PM

More bargains I couldn't pass up on....

Repo Man (£2 in Asda)
Long Weekend- Optimum (£1.50 from cex.co.uk)
2019: After the Fall of New York - 23rd Century (75p from cex.co.uk)

Kain 17th April 2010 09:03 PM

dvd's

Just got

Alien vs predator 2- £3 -Was just an awful film, has anyone else seen this DVD cause me and my girlfriend spent the entire film squinting to see what was going on as the thing was so bloody dark!

Mother of Tears £5

Designated Victim

pedromonkey 17th April 2010 10:50 PM

im confused by cex.co.uk, how do you buy online, if they have no online stock but have them instore doy they send a request for that item? please help because they're prices are fantastic.

oaxaca 17th April 2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 74934)
im confused by cex.co.uk, how do you buy online, if they have no online stock but have them instore doy they send a request for that item? please help because they're prices are fantastic.

They only have certain DVDs available to buy online. If a dvd is available there will be a big red Buy online button on the screen, as well as the list of which cex stores its in. To make things easier you can filter your search for just the dvds available to buy online, or those available at a specific store :)

pedromonkey 18th April 2010 12:14 AM

Cheers Oaxaca,

antmumford 18th April 2010 10:14 AM

This weekend I've picked up:

Dementia 13
This Is England
The Piano (Special Edition)
Clue

and my Master of Gore boxset arrived yesterday morning :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th April 2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kain (Post 74927)
Just got

Alien vs predator 2- £3 -Was just an awful film, has anyone else seen this DVD cause me and my girlfriend spent the entire film squinting to see what was going on as the thing was so bloody dark!

It's a very dark film.I don't know why they did that,perhaps the filmakers watched it,realized how bad it was and decided it was better if people couldn't see what was happening!