Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SharonLynette 2nd October 2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 278005)
My Demons steelbook just arrived too

I was worried it wouldn't arrive as it's such a bargain, I tend to avoid posting what I've ordered now just in case it never arrives!

PaulD 2nd October 2012 10:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And my final orders of the month:

Wes 2nd October 2012 10:42 AM

Fantastic double-header Paul, I went multi-region a forthnight ago and these are on my list of things-to-get... I'll be happy to fling out my R2 MGM equivalents...

Make Them Die Slowly 2nd October 2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 277980)
No, TCM2 and Black Sunday aren't. I'd been after the R1 dvd edition of TCM2 for a while as I fancied a revisit of it but didn't really want to pay £7-£10 for it. Managed to get the bluray for about £7 which is decent. Like you say, great time for horror collections.

Like you, when I first got a bluray player I was dead against upgrading my films but have done so for a lot of my favourites. It really does give the films a new lease of life.

I've recently gone Blu, and had made up my mind not to upgrade my collection except for a few favourite films but...seeing the difference in films such as "The Witchfinder General" on Blu compared to DVD, I'm very tempted to up grade more older films than new.

Wes 2nd October 2012 11:03 AM

Yeah, some things I will upgrade - all my Tarkovskys, and stuff like The Devils, Performance, Eraserhead, and budget DVD editions vs well-stacked Blus... but I just can't afford to upgrade say my Bavas, or my Twilight Zones... Thankfully, I never picked up any Jean Rollin or Wong-Kar Wei due to variable DVD transfers so I'm enjoying these two film makers in HD at the moment...

Also I try to avoid picking up anything that I can see on Film4 every forthnight...

g053584398 2nd October 2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 277765)
I had a problem like that, with DVDs frequently being 'lost in the post'. I went to the sorting office and spoke to the manager, who took my concerns seriously and put a system in place whereby he would phone me every couple of days to see what was delivered. Apparently, some action was taken (probably something along the lines of Royal Mail employee caught pocketing DVDs and sacked) and my orders were then delivered hassle-free.

There are some real bastards out there.

g053584398 2nd October 2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 278002)
More stuff arrived today - I have now spent as much of my wages as I can, £100 left for the month isn't bad going! I'm still expecting lot's more stuff though :blush:

Plenty of good stuff and a guilty pleasure, and I'm not talking about Manimal!

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../404119446.jpg

Manimal kicks ass! I haven't seen the series since I watched it as a kid on TV in the '80s.

fuzzymctiger 2nd October 2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 277984)
I went for the one with the T-shirt as it was just under £8 more than the standard set, so a really good price for the piece of clothing.

I'm currently keeping my fingers crossed that my Night of the Living Dead (1990) BD comes through Customs unscathed as, otherwise, I'll end up paying even more for the TT set.

Say, where we all getting this Texas Chainsaw 2 set from?
Watched this on the plane to Japan, and wasn't dissapointed at all.

PaulD 2nd October 2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 278048)
Say, where we all getting this Texas Chainsaw 2 set from?
Watched this on the plane to Japan, and wasn't dissapointed at all.

Edit: ignore. Crossed wires

PaulD 2nd October 2012 01:18 PM

Can't seem to edit my previous post - ignore it as I got my wires crossed there.