Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SharonLynette 2nd October 2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 278041)
Manimal kicks ass! I haven't seen the series since I watched it as a kid on TV in the '80s.

I was so excited when I found out it was going to be released, I've waited a couple of months and the price hasn't gone down so I've really splashed out on it but it's worth it, even if there were only 8 episodes. After seeing the concept notes for Manimal I have decided to refer to my drunken ideas as 'concept notes', it sounds classier.

Hawkmonger 2nd October 2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 278063)
I was so excited when I found out it was going to be released, I've waited a couple of months and the price hasn't gone down so I've really splashed out on it but it's worth it, even if there were only 8 episodes. After seeing the concept notes for Manimal I have decided to refer to my drunken ideas as 'concept notes', it sounds classier.

Whut? The Nightman crossover doesn't count now?

ArgentoFan1987 2nd October 2012 02:27 PM

7 Attachment(s)
These came in the post today :)

*no special features (trailer doesn't count as a special feature)

Attachment 83220 (my mum brought this film up in a conversation I was having with her. I bought it for her, but I'll watch it after her as it seems really good)*

Attachment 83221*Attachment 83222*(except interview with director Michael Haneke)

Attachment 83223* (A.K.A. Anthropophagus: The beast) Attachment 83224 (I just took a photo of the disc because it looked a bit like a pirate :D)

Attachment 83232*Attachment 83243

I have never seen any of these films.

I bought the American remake a few month ago, but refused to watch it until I saw the original (I'm weird like that).

Wes 2nd October 2012 02:43 PM

Cannibal Apocalypse is a classic and features a nifty method for putting out tear gas lobbed in your direction....you never know.....

ArgentoFan1987 2nd October 2012 03:01 PM

I was thinking of something differen for a change and try watching them in chronological or alphabetical order or something.

I just wanted to add that I have Arrow Video to the k for me fining this place and meeting all you awesome people, because if I hadn't bought Phenomena on DVD, this place would've remained unknown to me.

Thank you, Arrow!!!!:clap:

Rik 2nd October 2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 278095)
I was thinking of something differen for a change and try watching them in chronological or alphabetical order or something.

I'd save that Grim Reaper disc until you need to scrape ice from anywhere in the winter, that way it won't have been a waste of money ;)

Pete 2nd October 2012 03:05 PM

CA is a great film. AXE is too :nod:

That UK DVD of ANTHROPOPHAGUS is the heavily cut version. The 2 disc Shriek Show release is the one to get!

ArgentoFan1987 2nd October 2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 278099)
I'd save that Grim Reaper disc until you need to scrape ice from anywhere in the winter, that way it won't have been a waste of money ;)

That bad, is it? It was only £3

ArgentoFan1987 2nd October 2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 278102)
CA is a great film. AXE is too :nod:

That UK DVD of ANTHROPOPHAGUS is the heavily cut version. The 2 disc Shriek Show release is the one to get!

How much is cut?

Pete 2nd October 2012 03:12 PM

From what I remember pretty much everything.