Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

oaxaca 3rd October 2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 278585)
Depend's. What number's on the spine of New York Ripper?

It contains the fan edit, number 29. I didn;t realise it was a limited edition set... I should really read the blurb to things that I buy :laugh:

Hawkmonger 3rd October 2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 278598)
It contains the fan edit, number 29. I didn;t realise it was a limited edition set.

Originaly it was released as the heavily cut (now OOP) Shameless NYR.01.

Make Them Die Slowly 3rd October 2012 09:12 PM

5 Attachment(s)
A bit of a mixed bag...

Susan Foreman 3rd October 2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 278584)
Basingstoke CEX

"Shameless Fulci Box of Terror" - oh, you know the one! £8:00*

*Oh, the blurb on the back of this set says it is a 'limited edition'. Does anyone know how limited/rare it actually is?

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 278598)
It contains the fan edit, number 29. I didn;t realise it was a limited edition set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 278585)
Depend's. What number's on the spine of New York Ripper?

You what?

The edition I have is number 07
The Black Cat - 06
Manhattan Baby - 08

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 278536)
Came out of CEX with a nice Machine Girl steelbook £4 and H6 and DB for £4.50 the pair.

I like The Curse of Michael Myers and will be watching it again soon. Its as far away from Carpenter's vision as you can get but adds some occulty stuff and is pretty entertaining.

oaxaca 3rd October 2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 278606)
You what?

The edition I have is number 07
The Black Cat - 06
Manhattan Baby - 08

pretty sure the fulci boxset I bought contained number 6, 8 and 29. The box itself being number 28.

Number 7 is FLAVIA THE HERETIC.

Or am I missing something? :p

Susan Foreman 3rd October 2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 278616)
pretty sure the fulci boxset I bought contained number 6, 8 and 29. The box itself being number 28.

Number 7 is FLAVIA THE HERETIC.

Or am I missing something? :p

No - 'New York Ripper' ('Lo Squartatore Di New York') is certainly 07 (or possibly 01)!

PaulD 3rd October 2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 278617)
No - 'New York Ripper' ('Lo Squartatore Di New York') is certainly 07 (or possibly 01)!

The first release of NYR was number 01 and this was the version in the initial pressings of the Fulci Box. 01 NYR is now out of print and subsequent versions of the Fulci box have the Fan Edition of NYR which is number 28 (this being the version released at the same time as the bluray). I don't think the box set itself is actually that rare or limited since they seem to still be releasing them

oaxaca 3rd October 2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 278617)

Definitely number 29 (NEW YORK RIPPER fan edit) in my box :p... I bought the first release of NEW YORK RIPPER (non fan edition - number 1) separately after buying the FULCI BOX OF TERROR from amazon market place as I needed it to complete the collection.

Shameless #7 is def. FLAVIA THE HERETIC... check this thread:

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/coll...ollection.html

oaxaca 3rd October 2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 278624)
The first release of NYR was number 01 and this was the version in the initial pressings of the Fulci Box. 01 NYR is now out of print and subsequent versions of the Fulci box have the Fan Edition of NYR which is number 28 (this being the version released at the same time as the bluray). I don't think the box set itself is actually that rare or limited since they seem to still be releasing them

Ahh that explains it!

Though the fan edit of NEW YORK RIPPER is #29 not 28, the fulci box itself is 28 :p (just to be pedantic, sorry)