Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

pedromonkey 20th April 2010 05:11 PM

i got it in work, it actually cost me 2.50 as it was in a 4 for 10.00 deal, it was when we dropped all our trade in prices because we were overloaded with stock so they wanted us to get shot of wht we already had. HKL were indeed a great company it's very sad that they're no longer around, i try an pick them up when can, the last ones i got were from the magazine that was released. I picked up Prison on Fire 1+2 and Island on Fire, but my best HKL bargain was A Chinese Ghost Story special edition for £4.00...

oaxaca 20th April 2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 75291)
i got it in work, it actually cost me 2.50 as it was in a 4 for 10.00 deal, it was when we dropped all our trade in prices because we were overloaded with stock so they wanted us to get shot of wht we already had. HKL were indeed a great company it's very sad that they're no longer around, i try an pick them up when can, the last ones i got were from the magazine that was released. I picked up Prison on Fire 1+2 and Island on Fire, but my best HKL bargain was A Chinese Ghost Story special edition for £4.00...

Thats really good! CGS1 is pretty expensive these days!! I'm chuffed I managed to get Heart of Dragon from cex webby for £3 earlier. I'm eying up Dragon Lord of a certain forum member too but I'll never afford Dragons Forever (£18 on cex website!! :ohwell:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th April 2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 75230)
Once Upon A Time In China trilogy boxset (the HK Fortune Star release, which is just gorgeous. Cheapest I could find it was £32, but I managed to snag it in an eBay auction for £8.58 inc P+P! :) )

Is that the one with the ink washed silk cover? That's the one I have and it's lovely to the touch :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th April 2010 08:49 PM

Picked up THE BOX and THE FOURTH KIND on Blu Ray from ASDA today.

Sargento 21st April 2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 75337)
Picked up THE BOX and THE FOURTH KIND on Blu Ray from ASDA today.

Oh good Lord Reaps!!! Hope they weren't impulse purchases :eek: Mind you however much I didn't like The Box ... it was miles better than The Fourth Kind :ack:

Sargento 21st April 2010 07:20 PM

Bought

IRON MAN

on blu-ray the other day

To be honest I was a little underwhelmed with the audio on the TruHD soundtrack ... sounded very reserved in places. The gunfire sounded muffled or difused, the car crashes too. Odd really for such a blockbuster. Maybe I have been spoiled by DTS HD Master audio. :(

The picture was stunning tho!:nod:

Gojirosan 21st April 2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 75309)
Is that the one with the ink washed silk cover? That's the one I have and it's lovely to the touch :lol:

Yeah, that's the one!

I have just come home to:

Mausoleum (Dark Vision)
John Carpenter's Vampires

and earler today I got the following on VHS from various charity shops:

Fireball XL5 (ITC)
The Exterminator (Intervision/Alpha Video big-box)
Shark (the Sam Fuller/Burt Reynolds film!!! Woohoo!!! Video Gems) :D

bdc 21st April 2010 09:54 PM

Nice ones!
I wonder if there's a difference between the Dark Vision and Dead of Night dvd of Mausoleum?
I've got the Dead of Night.

Gojirosan 21st April 2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 75524)
Nice ones!
I wonder if there's a difference between the Dark Vision and Dead of Night dvd of Mausoleum?

I don't know! I'm just going to make some tea and watch it. It's a full-screen from VHS transfer.

42ndStreetFreak 21st April 2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 75524)
Nice ones!

Are these uncut? I know the pre-cert VHS was cut during one of the 'toothy chest' kills.