Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

VicDakin 10th October 2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 280633)
Shouldn't that be in the photos of members thread.

badabum tsch - lame joke drumsound - YouTube

Rik 10th October 2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 280634)

It's happening again :pound::pound:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nDe-4agHvA...e-Stooges2.jpg

Criterion7 10th October 2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280625)
I hear there is going to be a new release, which is why the UK one has shot up in price all over the place, thankfully I found it for just over £5 brand new delivered. I'll no doubt buy another if it has better extras than this one

The blu of the original Halloween goes for about 6-10 around here. Does the UK edition have anything extra that the r1 doesn't?

Rik 10th October 2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 280640)
The blu of the original Halloween goes for about 6-10 around here. Does the UK edition have anything extra that the r1 doesn't?

The UK one isn't listed for comparison on dvdcompare.net but it looks like it has the same extras, I'm sure somebody on here will know more than me about it

piraterob 10th October 2012 10:45 PM

funny enough i saw brotherhood of the wolf last night not knowing what it was and i found it pretty impressive. tell me though the creature from Africa is it just a large wolf?

platostotal 10th October 2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piraterob (Post 280662)
funny enough i saw brotherhood of the wolf last night not knowing what it was and i found it pretty impressive. tell me though the creature from Africa is it just a large wolf?

It's a lion in armour if I recall.

keirarts 10th October 2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280627)
:woot::woot: There's two of us that like this film then (well 3 if you count RZ too)

I liked it too....!

Oh and DEAD SCARED is loads of fun, everyone should buy it at £1.50. I've had the film on my shelf for years, its unnasuming fun!

sawyer6 10th October 2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 280670)
It's a lion in armour if I recall.

Indeed

keirarts 10th October 2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280643)
The UK one isn't listed for comparison on dvdcompare.net but it looks like it has the same extras, I'm sure somebody on here will know more than me about it

The halloween blu released in the uk has the commentary track but is missing any of the documentary materials from the dvd releases. I got mine for £3.99 from cash generator but I wouldent fork out more than that, I'm willing to bet a better release of Halloween (origional) is around the corner. Baring in mind the orgional dvd had halloween unmasked 25 minute featurette, while the later release looked better and had the 87 minute cut above the rest documentary and an on location featurette,, plus theres the other uk release with the TV version as well, with all this stuff floating about surely a better release is on it's way!

Criterion7 10th October 2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 280673)
The halloween blu released in the uk has the commentary track but is missing any of the documentary materials from the dvd releases. I got mine for £3.99 from cash generator but I wouldent fork out more than that, I'm willing to bet a better release of Halloween (origional) is around the corner. Baring in mind the orgional dvd had halloween unmasked 25 minute featurette, while the later release looked better and had the 87 minute cut above the rest documentary and an on location featurette,, plus theres the other uk release with the TV version as well, with all this stuff floating about surely a better release is on it's way!

Thanks. I saw the diviax sd dvd at the store with the 87 minute documentary but I am holding out for a blu that has that has at least that on it,