Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

oaxaca 13th October 2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 281703)
These are what have arrived or been bought in stores in the last two weeks.
Still waiting on U.S release of The Shining and The Serpent and The Rainbow.

Good haul Pedro, I will warn you though the quality of MIA's SILENT RAGE transfer is atrocious, I hope you got it on the cheap!

pedromonkey 13th October 2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 281706)
Good haul Pedro, I will warn you though the quality of MIA's SILENT RAGE transfer is atrocious, I hope you got it on the cheap!

7p on amazon Market place. it's a hell of a lot better than MIA transfer of Good Guys Wear Black, but yeah wasn't expecting much, to be honest i only got it because Edger Wright and Tarantino were talking about it on the Hot Fuzz commentary which is why i also got Scorpio.

Nordicdusk 14th October 2012 03:38 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Attachment 86345

Attachment 86346

Attachment 86347

Attachment 86348

Attachment 86349

Attachment 86350

Attachment 86351


Just skipped through Pale Rider and Outlaw Josey Wales both look absolutely AMAZING.

ArgentoFan1987 14th October 2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 281729)
Attachment 86345

Attachment 86346

Attachment 86347

Attachment 86348

Attachment 86349

Attachment 86350

Attachment 86351


Just skipped through Pale Rider and Outlaw Josey Wales both look absolutely AMAZING.

Nice bunch of DVD's you've got there, you can never beet a good westen box set.

I must be the only person on these boards who isn't bothered with Blu-Ray. Everyone here seems to be amazed by them. I don't get it.

On to another topic that someone else was on about (poor quality DVD's), I think everyone should watch out for Elstree Hill Studio DVD's. I bought Elstree Hill Studio DVDs of White Zombie and Lon Chaney's Hunchback of Notre Dame. The quality on both of these films were so bad, they were Unwatchable. Plus the Hunchback was missing about 45 minutes of footage.

Slippery Jack 14th October 2012 07:46 AM

Mah birthday haul...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...3/birthday.jpg

Make Them Die Slowly 14th October 2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 281742)

Thank god I'm not the only person who coordinates their socks to different film genres.

VicDakin 14th October 2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 281744)
Thank god I'm not the only person who coordinates their socks to different film genres.

Mmmm not sure not everyone could carry off wearing purple socks,ill consult trinny and susannah

Slippery Jack 14th October 2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 281746)
Mmmm not sure not everyone could carry off wearing purple socks,ill consult trinny and susannah

They ain't purple, they're DEEP RED :tongue1: . . .

bdc 14th October 2012 08:41 AM

Happy b-day and nice socks! ;)

bdc 14th October 2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 281732)
I must be the only person on these boards who isn't bothered with Blu-Ray. Everyone here seems to be amazed by them. I don't get it.

I'm not too bothered with them as well and assume lots of people aren't.
I do own a bd player though (which I mainly use to play dvd's)... ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.