Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Slippery Jack 14th October 2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 281750)
Happy b-day and nice socks! ;)

Thanks. I do like a good pair of socks, can't be doing with those naff comedy ones with poorly stitched Simpsons characters or whatnot, and plain black is just boring :nod: . . .

sawyer6 14th October 2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 281752)
Thanks. I do like a good pair of socks, can't be doing with those naff comedy ones with poorly stitched Simpsons characters or whatnot, and plain black is just boring :nod: . . .

Show us your socks collection:tongue1: and Happy Birthday btw

Slippery Jack 14th October 2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 281756)
Show us your socks collection:tongue1: and Happy Birthday btw

Cheers. Yeah just looking for the What socks have you purchased recently? thread . . .

ArgentoFan1987 14th October 2012 09:27 AM

Wed, 17th October!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 281742)

Happy Birthday, SJ! Hope you enjoy your films and book!

Mine is on Wednesday:woot: I'll show you guys what I get (if I get anything at all that Is!)

Rik 14th October 2012 09:43 AM

I almost bought that Studies in Terror book last week from Waterstones, but it was tatty and they only had the one copy in. I asked the ever helpful staff if they'd knock some money off and they pretty much told me to **** off! Looks like a good read too

demonknight 14th October 2012 09:56 AM

Waiting on Halloween 4 and 5 and Curse of Frankenstein blu's and Tales from the darkside season 4. Should have them by Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

Slippery Jack 14th October 2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 281782)
I almost bought that Studies in Terror book last week from Waterstones, but it was tatty and they only had the one copy in. I asked the ever helpful staff if they'd knock some money off and they pretty much told me to **** off! Looks like a good read too

Yeah it's pretty good, though it's slightly frustrating how little coverage each film gets, especially when the majority of the text amounts to a detailed plot breakdown :mmph: . . .

SShaw 14th October 2012 11:11 AM

To kill a bit of time last night before going to the cinema I found myself browsing the Bluray and DVD shelves of the local Saturn media store – big mistake! I left with a nice steel book edition of Prodigies 3D (which includes the 2D version). This is an animated film which is kind of a cross between the X-men and X-factor with a dose of Akira thrown in too. It looks to be English friendly, at least for the feature. At 13 euros (around a tenner) I couldn't resist, even though my to watch stack is well above the permissible level.

Beyond72 14th October 2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280733)
I think the reason why it was shut down is because of some of the content posted. Discussing films about serial killers is fine, but I guess some people find the true stories behind such films offensive. I've sent Stefan a message apologising for any offence caused, seeing as it was me who started the discussion in the first place

What content?

The only things I saw in there were replies to the what serial killer are you quiz?

platostotal 14th October 2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 281815)
What content?

The only things I saw in there were replies to the what serial killer are you quiz?

Must say that when I saw that thread I thought 'that might breech that fantasy/reallity border' fine to talk about films that deal with grim subject matter, but when dealing with killers in the real world great care needs to be taken (especially in the uk in the past few weeks) this is a forum based on films/tv/music after all. I think the Mods stepped in before it got too offensive.