Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th October 2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 281828)
I bought Henry portrait of a serial killer off the car boot this morning! :lol:



(seriously though I actually did, 5!)

It's a great film, which I have on laserdisc, DVD and BD. There's something about Michael Rooker which makes him impossible to believe as the 'good guy' in a film or TV show that's if he's ever played one!

Make Them Die Slowly 14th October 2012 12:06 PM

ALYCE, 3 quid from Morrisons. Anyone seen it and if so is it any good? It was a blind buy for me.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th October 2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 281831)
Sorry Nos, I was already replying before I saw this.

'S okay.

platostotal 14th October 2012 12:06 PM

HMV have Razorback for 3

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th October 2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 281837)
HMV have Razorback for 3

It's a quality film most ones with a killer pig are worth a watch and 3 is a really good price as, if memory serves, it's a pretty good disc.

Rik 14th October 2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 281832)
It's a great film, which I have on laserdisc, DVD and BD. There's something about Michael Rooker which makes him impossible to believe as the 'good guy' in a film or TV show – that's if he's ever played one!

I've been meaning to pick this up on BD for ages, recently watched it on DVD for the first time in years, it really is a gritty film

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th October 2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 281840)
I've been meaning to pick this up on BD for ages, recently watched it on DVD for the first time in years, it really is a gritty film

I think that has a lot to do with the almost documentary filming style which gives it an additional sense of realism. The ending is also quite unsettling as audiences at the time would have left cinemas without the comforting thought that the killer is dead or in jail, and may be waiting for them when they get home.

Rik 14th October 2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 281848)
I think that has a lot to do with the almost documentary filming style which gives it an additional sense of realism. The ending is also quite unsettling as audiences at the time would have left cinemas without the comforting thought that the killer is dead or in jail, and may be waiting for them when they get home.

Yeah, what's the PQ like on the Blu, a film like that doesn't want to look polished, it would lose most of its impact I think

Invid Ninja 14th October 2012 01:48 PM

Bought for 3 quid in ASDA Zombie 108, heard this was spectacularly silly so thought it would make great filler for a uni Halloween party.

keirarts 14th October 2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 281860)
Yeah, what's the PQ like on the Blu, a film like that doesn't want to look polished, it would lose most of its impact I think

Just been taking a look at it on blu and it looks great without losing the gritty look of the film. Basically it's 4:3 and keeps the natural grainy look while giving more detail, the extras look like there going to be interesting as well.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.