Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 02:48 PM

Nice bunch of DVDs there Pedro. Gone In 60 Seconds is awesome - well maybe just the last half :laugh:

Got The Exterminator today for £2. It's the director's cut and the UK DVD - hopefully it isn't cut to shreds. Should be watching this tonight as I've heard a lot of good things about this film.

pedromonkey 23rd April 2010 02:55 PM

i only got gone in sixty seconds for the last 45 mins anyway and at a 1.00 couldn't pass it up..

vincenzo 23rd April 2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 75822)
Got The Exterminator today for £2. It's the director's cut and the UK DVD - hopefully it isn't cut to shreds.

The Optimum DVD is fully uncut. The (widescreen) Synergy DVD was officially cut, though the verdict is still out on if the cuts were actually carried out.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 03:12 PM

Ah right, cheers Vince. I got the Synergy release, so hopefully it isn't actually cut. :pray:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 05:44 PM

Bought The Naked Gun Trilogy in Tesco for £7, I could have bought it from Play for £5 but it was an impulse buy,and also picked up a boxset of one of my favourite tv shows ever, The Shield : Season 7 from Blockbuster for £7, so that's my weekend viewing sorted.:biggrin:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 75819)
The Beast (war film)...

My cousin saw The Beast years ago and said it was one of the most boring films he'd ever seen.He can't have seen much :lol:

oaxaca 23rd April 2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 75852)
Bought The Naked Gun Trilogy in Tesco for £7, I could have bought it from Play for £5 but it was an impulse buy,and also picked up a boxset of one of my favourite tv shows ever, The Shield : Season 7 from Blockbuster for £7, so that's my weekend viewing sorted.:biggrin:

You can't go wrong with naked gun! Leslie Neilson is a slapstick heavyweight lol.

Tagney 23rd April 2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 69205)
All new.
Les démoniaques - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)
Le frissson des vampires - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)
Lèvres de sang - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)
La nuit des traquées - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)
Requiem pour un vampire - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)
Le viol du vampire - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)

Respect! I love Rollin's movies.

A few additions to my collection:

- Two Orphan Vampires
- The Iron Rose
- Phantom of Death (Shameless Collection is almost complete :happy:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tagney (Post 75872)
Phantom of Death (Shameless Collection is almost complete :happy:)

Excelleeeeeeeeeeeent :D

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:03 PM

When I saw Phantom Of Death on VHS in the 80s I thought it was OK ... nothing more ... but then stumbled upon Shameless and saw the trailer and couldnt believe how much was cut from the original release. So I went out and bought the Shameless release and was really pleased!! I nice, if slow movie.

:cool: