Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

mark meakin 24th October 2012 08:16 AM

The Thing From Another World (1951) was also colourised & is included in the 2-disc UK release.Along With King Kong (1933) it just doesn't look right:crazy:.

mark meakin 24th October 2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 285351)
Reading charity shops:

'Meatloaf - 3 Bats Live' - 2 disc - £2:99
'The Baker Street Dozen: Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes' - 6 disc set, containing 'The Voice of Terror', 'The Secret Weapon', 'In Washington', 'Faces Death', 'Spider Woman', Scarlet Claw', 'The Pearl of Death', 'The Woman in Green', 'Pursuit to Algiers', 'The House of Fear', 'Dressed to Kill' and 'Terror by Night' - £5:00

No 'Hound of the Baskervilles' sadly, but with that line-up, you really can't complain can you! I have always said that whoever it was who was responsible for pairing up Rathbone and Nigel Bruce was a real genius!

The Optimum boxset of the Rathbone films is really cheap now & contains all the movies made my Universal & the first two produced by Twentieth Century Fox (Hound & Adventures).The prints are fully restored & look stunning.:-
Sherlock Holmes - The Definitive Collection Digitally Remastered DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Sherlock Holmes: Film & TV

ArgentoFan1987 24th October 2012 09:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Just bought these from Groucho's.

Attachment 87856 (I know it's a terrible film, but it 's an inside joke between my brother and I, so I had to get it!)

Attachment 87857Attachment 87858*

*not seen

Wes 24th October 2012 09:10 AM

I must get Dumplings, because I have the shorter version from the Three Extremes and it's great...

ArgentoFan1987 24th October 2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 285523)
I must get Dumplings, because I have the shorter version from the Three Extremes and it's great...

I've got Three Extremes as well, but I've not watched it because I wanted to see Dumplings first.

g053584398 24th October 2012 10:44 AM

The Visitor (Code Red)
Terminal Island (Code Red)
Villa Rides (Legend)
Phase IV (Legend)
Dr. Black Mr. Hyde (VCI)
Mother of Tears (Optimum)
Anna M (Metrodome)
Ghosts of Mars (Sony)
Vampires (Sony)
Fathom (20th Century Fox) Dutch release

Wes 24th October 2012 10:48 AM

Dude, what did you think of Vampires ? My opinion of this film has softened up over the years but I've definitely burned my bridges with Ghosts of Mars. Terrible film...

PaulD 24th October 2012 11:11 AM

A while back a few of us ordered the limited Blade Runner set from Amazon.ca. Have people had theirs shipped yet? Apparently CDN$ 22.99 works out today as £14.50 so hopefully we'll be ok for Customs!

darthelvis 24th October 2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 285561)
A while back a few of us ordered the limited Blade Runner set from Amazon.ca. Have people had theirs shipped yet? Apparently CDN$ 22.99 works out today as £14.50 so hopefully we'll be ok for Customs!

Just a message saying they were struggling for stock and would be a delay.

Rik 24th October 2012 11:16 AM

My 3 Hammer's have just arrived, 2 with slightly crushed slips and one with both discs loose in the box, I think they were meant for Stephen and not me :lol: