Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 24th October 2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 285562)
Just a message saying they were struggling for stock and would be a delay.

I had that and also one after saying they had trouble taking payment as I placed the order on an old card so was just assuming they'd be ready to ship once I make payment.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th October 2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 285564)
I had that and also one after saying they had trouble taking payment as I placed the order on an old card so was just assuming they'd be ready to ship once I make payment.

I had the 'stock shortage so possible delay' message, so checked my orders there and found the card I used is still okay, so I won't have any problems on that front.

PaulD 24th October 2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 285565)
I had the 'stock shortage so possible delay' message, so checked my orders there and found the card I used is still okay, so I won't have any problems on that front.

I just thought that since they applied for payment they'd be sending it straight out. I didn't think they'd apply for payment if there were low in stock. Could be wrong though. I really hope it stays under the threshold as it was such a bargain!

pedromonkey 24th October 2012 12:26 PM

Recent Blu-Ray purchases...

E.T
Cabin In The Woods
Safe
Elite Squad
Elite Squad: Enemy Within
Prometheus
Troll Hunter

Susan Foreman 24th October 2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 285351)
Reading charity shops:

'The Baker Street Dozen: Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes' - 6 disc set, containing 'The Voice of Terror', 'The Secret Weapon', 'In Washington', 'Faces Death', 'Spider Woman', Scarlet Claw', 'The Pearl of Death', 'The Woman in Green', 'Pursuit to Algiers', 'The House of Fear', 'Dressed to Kill' and 'Terror by Night' - £5:00

No 'Hound of the Baskervilles' sadly, but with that line-up, you really can't complain can you! I have always said that whoever it was who was responsible for pairing up Rathbone and Nigel Bruce was a real genius!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 285503)
The Optimum boxset of the Rathbone films is really cheap now & contains all the movies made my Universal & the first two produced by Twentieth Century Fox (Hound & Adventures). The prints are fully restored & look stunning.:-
Sherlock Holmes - The Definitive Collection Digitally Remastered DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Sherlock Holmes: Film & TV

Interesting, but £10 more than I paid, and at the moment, every penny counts for me!

Crimson Blade 24th October 2012 01:34 PM

Bought Pedro Almodovar's The Skin I Live In for the respectable price of £8 in HMV yesterday. Bit of a contrast to the £32 price tag for The Curse of Frankenstein. :D

Also picked up Cobra, Hidden, Potiche, Don't Look Now, and the original Cape Fear in the 5 for £30 deal.

JoshuaKaitlyn 24th October 2012 01:47 PM

Cannibal Holocaust
Deadly Blessing
Phenomena
Tenabre

With 20% off with Fopp and O2 priority moments. :)

Susan Foreman 24th October 2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 285612)
Bought Pedro Almodovar's The Skin I Live In for the respectable price of £8 in HMV yesterday. Bit of a contrast to the £32 price tag for The Curse of Frankenstein

That price tag STILL makes me cough!

Baseball Fury 24th October 2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 285565)

Yeah, stock shortage message here as well.

JoshuaKaitlyn 24th October 2012 02:31 PM

And as a ps:
The Crazies (original)
The Crazies (new)
The Day of the Dead
Basil Rathbones Sherlock Holmes definitive collection