Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th October 2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 286276)
Mine too! Thank God I checked the DPD website earlier today and found out it was being delivered, and I was able to get someone to sign for it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/26/y8yhuhy4.jpg

Yeah mine arrived the other day (non T shirt ed.)as well along with the mulit-covered non English Let Sleeping corpses Lie.

These were only dispatched last week.Good to see DTS giving us some quicker deliveries!:cool:

bdc 27th October 2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 286941)
Don't have many catalogue lll movies just Dr lamb and Ebola syndrome. Think that's all I have.

Both very good ones though. ;)

Bringer Of Funerals 27th October 2012 06:33 PM

OCT BUYS

AGE OF HEROES (SEAN BEAN)

2:22 (GABRIEL BYRNE)

CYBORG COP 2 (DAVID BRADLEY)

LADY VENGEANCE (CHOI MIN - SIK)

BANGKOK DANGEROUS (PETE THONG - JEUR)

VERSUS (TAKU SAKAGUCHI)

RING 0 (YUKIE NAKAMA)

RING 2 (DAISUKE BAN)

BLACK BOOK (CARICE VAN HOUTEN)

THE COOLER (WILLIAM H. MACY)

MEAN CREEK (RORY CULKIN)

LICENCE TO WED (ROBIN WILLIAMS)

THE DAY AFTER (JASON ROBARDS)

MEGA PIRANHA (80'S SINGER TIFFANY)

THEATRE OF BLOOD (VINCENT PRICE)

SHARKTOPUS (ERIC ROBERTS)

MEGA SHARK VS GIANT OCTOPUS (DEBORAH GIBSON)

THREADS (REECE DINSDALE)

RING (NANAKO MATSUSHIMA)

CREATURE (ANDRE WARE)

A TALE OF TWO SISTERS (KAP - SU KIM)

THE EYE (ANJELICA LEE)

THE EYE 2 (QI SHU)

THE EYE... INFINITY (CHEN PO LIN)

SPIDER FOREST (KAM WOO - SUNG)

PRINCESS AUROA (PANG EUN - JINP)

YESTERDAY (JING YUN - SU)

Those are my buys

Slippery Jack 27th October 2012 06:34 PM

Another saturday in London Town, another visit to Fopp...

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/IMAG0139.jpg

Chuffed to spot Almost Human - they didn't have it there last week. I see they've bumped up the price of some of the Arrow titles from £5 (Opera has gone up 3 quid since I got it last week) . . .

re.form 27th October 2012 08:42 PM

Bought Dying Breed and Seventh Moon from poundland today.

nekromantik 28th October 2012 12:31 AM

I disagree 3D will be big once TVs start to become affordable for all.

Passive TVs get rid of the ghosting and headache symptoms of active 3D tvs and also the glasses themselves are around 50p each instead of £50.

Prometheus, Avatar and from what I have heard Titanic really show what 3D can do in the home. Prometheus in 3D looks amazing. Most 3D movies released are post converted so wont look that great but well made 3D flicks can look amazing.

I dont regret spending £24 on Prometheus at all as its worth every penny. Makes 3D tvs finally show their worth.

fuzzymctiger 28th October 2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 287185)
Most 3D movies released are post converted so wont look that great but well made 3D flicks can look amazing.

Clash Of The Titans 3D *shudder* :fear:

PaulD 28th October 2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 287185)
I disagree 3D will be big once TVs start to become affordable for all.

Passive TVs get rid of the ghosting and headache symptoms of active 3D tvs and also the glasses themselves are around 50p each instead of £50.

Prometheus, Avatar and from what I have heard Titanic really show what 3D can do in the home. Prometheus in 3D looks amazing. Most 3D movies released are post converted so wont look that great but well made 3D flicks can look amazing.

I dont regret spending £24 on Prometheus at all as its worth every penny. Makes 3D tvs finally show their worth.

I have loads of friends who are massive film fans and none of them are interested in 3D. I know that's not representative of everyone but its still interesting.

I've seen a few films at the cinema in 3D (both actual 3D and post-converted) and really hated the experience. I think if i didn't enjoy it in Avatar I'm never going to get on board. I almost feel like I haven't seen Dredd as the 3D irritated me too much and I kept taking off the glasses as I wanted to see the film look a lot brighter. The only time
I remotely enjoyed the 3D was in Jackass because it was used in a gimmicky way and not some lame attempt at a cinematic tool.

If the studios want 3D to take off they really need to deal with the light loss issue that affects 3D movies for a start. People forget that 3D has been around before at least twice and failed both times. I genuinely think most people don't want it.

PaulD 28th October 2012 06:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not just films but a few things I got for my birthday

Attachment 88250

keirarts 28th October 2012 06:54 AM

Some films are ok in 3d (drive angry, pirahna 3dd) but prometheus loses something in the translation as did the avengers, it really detracts from the cinematography.

Also I think its rotten to charge so much extra for 3d. Drive angry, ghost rider and pirahna 3dd as well as conan, had the 3d option on the disc at NO EXTRA COST, while other films cost between 6-10 quid more for the priviledge.