Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Hawkmonger 28th October 2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 287261)
Do they? I was under the impression that everything you watch is in 3D, even if it isn't a dedicated 3D channel

Prity much. There's no 2D to 3D conversion work.

Refused 28th October 2012 11:43 AM

Some TVs have fancy 2D to 3D conversion built in, I imagine it's pretty bobbins though.

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th October 2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 287265)
Some TVs have fancy 2D to 3D conversion built in, I imagine it's pretty bobbins though.

It's actually pretty good. :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th October 2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 287261)
Do they? I was under the impression that everything you watch is in 3D, even if it isn't a dedicated 3D channel

Of course they show 2D stuff. If it doesn't have 2D-3D conversion, it will only show stuff from a 3D channel or BD/dvd in 3D, and everything else in 2D. If it does have conversion built in, you can set the 3D manually, or to automatically show everything in 3D.

Rik 28th October 2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 287271)
Of course they show 2D stuff.

I guess my complete lack of knowledge with regards to new technology has come out :lol:

nekromantik 28th October 2012 12:25 PM

oh deary lol

if that was the case no one would ever buy a 3D tv.
3D is a extra feature of the tv. If you choose to then you can convert a 2D image to 3D but thats optional.

The latest LG 3D LEDs are stunning. 2D pic quality is amazing and 3D is as good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 287269)
It's actually pretty good. :)

Agreed. I been watching my Lost blu in 3D convertion and it looks pretty good surprisingly.
Although Samsung Tvs have the best conversion.

Rik 28th October 2012 12:30 PM

I really have made myself look stupid ha ha

Daemonia 28th October 2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 287282)
I really have made myself look stupid ha ha

Not at all, mate. I'm pretty clueless about 3D too - but that's more because I hate 3D with a vengeance. A completely useless gimmick IMO, and one I have no tolerance for.

'Was it a good film?'
'The 3D was amazing!'
'Yes but was it a good film?'
'Not sure. But the 3D was amazing!'

Ho hum. :lol:

Refused 28th October 2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 287279)
oh deary lol

if that was the case no one would ever buy a 3D tv.
3D is a extra feature of the tv. If you choose to then you can convert a 2D image to 3D but thats optional.

The latest LG 3D LEDs are stunning. 2D pic quality is amazing and 3D is as good.

Agreed. I been watching my Lost blu in 3D convertion and it looks pretty good surprisingly.
Although Samsung Tvs have the best conversion.

I'm looking at getting an LG LED TV so that's good to hear!
Mind you, I have to save some cash and slow down on buying blu-rays for a bit first. Still have a big pile to get through, with more on their way.

demonknight 28th October 2012 01:40 PM

Watched Savini's Night of the living dead blu and i cannot recommend it because of the transfer. It is,that bad. Still love the movie though.