Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 31st October 2012 09:07 AM

Still waiting for Zaavi to ship my BASKET CASE and BLOOD BEAST TERROR blu's.

keep getting those feeble, automatically generated apologies in my inbox. Sometimes I forget why they are so damnned cheap.

Hawkmonger 31st October 2012 09:53 AM

Can't show pictures due to amazon's stupid new zoom method, so i'll list some pre-orders.

Berzerk-film 1: Egg of the King duel format collectors edition
Persona 4 duel format collectors edition
Ninja Scroll duel format steelbook collectors edition
Evil Dead BD steelbook
Zombie Flesh eaters BD steelbook
Christmas Evil DVD
Black Sunday Limited edition duel format slip box
Lisa and the Devil Limited edition duel format slip box
Castle Freak BD
Subspecies BD
The House with Laughing Windows DVD
Deadly Blessing Duel Format
Bleach- film 4: Hell Chapter Duel format collectors edition
Trainspotting Steelbook
Dredd- 2D, 3D, BD
Expendables 2 BD

On top of this my The Hunter (The one with Willem Dafoe) Artificial Eye BD poped up this morning.

keirarts 31st October 2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 288238)
Can't show pictures due to amazon's stupid new zoom method, so i'll list some pre-orders.

Berzerk-film 1: Egg of the King duel format collectors edition
Persona 4 duel format collectors edition
Ninja Scroll duel format steelbook collectors edition
Evil Dead BD steelbook
Zombie Flesh eaters BD steelbook
Christmas Evil DVD
Black Sunday Limited edition duel format slip box
Lisa and the Devil Limited edition duel format slip box
Castle Freak BD
Subspecies BD
The House with Laughing Windows DVD
Deadly Blessing Duel Format
Bleach- film 4: Hell Chapter Duel format collectors edition
Trainspotting Steelbook
Dredd- 2D, 3D, BD
Expendables 2 BD

On top of this my The Hunter (The one with Willem Dafoe) Artificial Eye BD poped up this morning.

Beserk is on blu??! ooh I have the last slimpack dvd release and the pq was great but i'd be highly tempted to upgrade!]

****EDIT: just checked amazon and its the rumoured new film series rather than a re-issue of the older anime series, i'll still buy it though, even if the origional is a classic.******************

Hawkmonger 31st October 2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 288268)
Beserk is on blu??! ooh I have the last slimpack dvd release and the pq was great but i'd be highly tempted to upgrade!

It's just the 1st movie, though as the second was only released in Japan in June, we should see tat in another 6 months. It's a bit pricey at the moment, but im hoping it will drop a bit soon so I get the lowest price even if it rise's again.

keirarts 31st October 2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 288270)
It's just the 1st movie, though as the second was only released in Japan in June, we should see tat in another 6 months. It's a bit pricey at the moment, but im hoping it will drop a bit soon so I get the lowest price even if it rise's again.

Not seen it turn up on fansub (which is usually how I catch these things) but I will buy anything beserk related.

Hawkmonger 31st October 2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 288273)
Not seen it turn up on fansub (which is usually how I catch these things) but I will buy anything beserk related.

Not seen it either. But as it's recieved similer praise as the orignal series, has stuning animation (from what I can tell from the screen shot's), and, as you say, is freakin' Berzerk, it's worth a punt.

Hawkmonger 31st October 2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 288221)
A second for Paranoia agent.

But Gantz isn't all that bad, its faithful to the manga up to a certain point then it got cancelled for being to graphic for japanese telly! The creators ended up having to create a pretty lousy ending which brought the series down.

For me those change's are what ruined it for me. It's like the original Fullmetal Alchemist series, I hated how Sloth became Edwards re-encarnated mother instead of the original construct of father, something that has now been fixed. Don't get me started on how Pride and Wrath where ****ed up! Only Lust, Gluttony and Envy where depicted correctly.
Similer occurence's for the cast of Gantz.
The animation was amazing, but the change's alienated me. Though it's hardly better than Naruto and Bleach, how they make 2 filler arc's for every cannon arc. :doh:
Do like the Zampakuto Unknow Tale's saga though. That was bad ass.

Quote:

Which paranoia agent release is it? The uk release is very briefly cut, removing a scene depicting a suicide because it was 'instructional' and clearly people can't figure out how to kill themselves so I bet it prevented tons of suicides. (SACRCASM!)
That really is BS, isn't it? It's OK to show a 14 year old's tit's on a 12 movie, but not suicide on a 15-18 tv series? Bloody BBFC.:censored:

Edgeworth 31st October 2012 12:40 PM

Red Scorpion, Cat O' 9 Tails, My Bloody Valentine (US BD, not 3D). Not much since it's payday but I got £100 of pre-orders this month and I did most of my xmas shopping this morning.

+ Top Gun steelbook has shipped. :cool:

keirarts 31st October 2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 288279)
For me those change's are what ruined it for me. It's like the original Fullmetal Alchemist series, I hated how Sloth became Edwards re-encarnated mother instead of the original construct of father, something that has now been fixed. Don't get me started on how Pride and Wrath where ****ed up! Only Lust, Gluttony and Envy where depicted correctly.
Similer occurence's for the cast of Gantz.
The animation was amazing, but the change's alienated me. Though it's hardly better than Naruto and Bleach, how they make 2 filler arc's for every cannon arc. :doh:
Do like the Zampakuto Unknow Tale's saga though. That was bad ass.

That really is BS, isn't it? It's OK to show a 14 year old's tit's on a 12 movie, but not suicide on a 15-18 tv series? Bloody BBFC.:censored:

I've always been able to seperate the manga and shows in my mind. The first fullmetal alchemist only really bothered me near the end where it just felt like stuff was being made up as they went along, but certainly Brotherhood is much much better.

As for bleach and naruto, well I'm hoping someone takes the series and edits out out the filler and re-issues them in some form, kind of like dragonball kai.

platostotal 31st October 2012 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was tempted by this at £55, but HMV have it for £30 so snatched it, a great set, but be warned a lot of the very best Hammer is missing, but more than enough thrills for £30