Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd November 2012 06:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well,that's Christmas ordered.
Amazon de. have the Halloween III mediabook up for preorder.:cool:

Make Them Die Slowly 3rd November 2012 07:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cheers Stephen, I also picked up another great James Woods film whilst buying COP.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd November 2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 289165)
Rented SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD, with Steve Carell and Keira Knightly. The world is about to end so they go on a road tip, him to find his childhood sweetheart, her to find a plane back to england.

Wasn't really looking forward to this one, but decided to chance it (free rental and all) and found I actually quite liked it!

It has its flaws, but its fun and VERY bittersweet, and does not cop out at any point. Bit of a weepy by the end but overall worth checking out.

One of the Guardian's reviewers – Peter Bradshaw I think – so that, without a funny screenplay to deliver, Steve Carrell looks and sounds like a serial killer. When I saw it, I realised he does as he seems very creepy. Apart from that and though it's generally mediocre, I quite liked the film.

Wes 3rd November 2012 07:48 PM

Cop...which is James Ellroy's Blood on the Moon !

Susan Foreman 3rd November 2012 07:49 PM

I'm still not sure how it happened, but during the week, I accidentally went to Blackpool for a few days!

Although I didn't manage to get around the charity shops up there, I did pay a visit to HMV, where I got:

Cannibal Holocaust - Shameless 2 disc - £8:00
Chanbara Striptease - £3:00
Porky's/Porky's 2: The Next Day - 2 disc - £2:00
Secret Diary of a Call Girl: Season 1 - 2 disc - £2:00

One thing that really surprised me about this shop (which is opposite the entrance to the Blackpool Tower) was the fact that it closed at 6pm. To me, this seems really stupid, because there were a lot of tourists still milling around at that time

Oh - there was also an open air market, which had quite a lot of unrated Thai movies - region 0, English language - for a couple of pound. Didn't get any of them tho!

PaulD 3rd November 2012 07:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Recent purchases (Amsterdamned was a comp prize from on here):

Slinker 3rd November 2012 08:14 PM

Just got Session 9 at last.....really liked this , amazing creepy atmosphere and tension building without going over the top. The Danver Asylum it was shot in was an awesome place. Cant wait to watch the directors commentary version to find out a bit more about it. Excellent movie !

Hawkmonger 3rd November 2012 10:25 PM

OOOOHHH! Exterminator 2 from germany. Is it cut, Reap's?
I'll pre-order that for sure.

keirarts 3rd November 2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 289178)
I'm in the same boat!

The worst one is the Blood beast terror discs I ordered from them as one of those is an xmas pressie for a mate of mine (he hates the film but loves cushing, so I figured he would never buy it himself and odeon deserves our support) Still showing the same as basket case!

keirarts 3rd November 2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slinker (Post 289334)
Just got Session 9 at last.....really liked this , amazing creepy atmosphere and tension building without going over the top. The Danver Asylum it was shot in was an awesome place. Cant wait to watch the directors commentary version to find out a bit more about it. Excellent movie !

Session 9 turned up at work years ago with zero publicity, I spent the next year making every customer rent the damnned film!