Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Slippery Jack 4th November 2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 289440)
I've tried to watch it twice and never got further in than half an hour either time.

I didn't dislike it, per se, it just didn't grip me. I suspect that in the right mood, I would see it through to the end.

Yeah same here, one of those "well, it was aaalright I suppose" films, same with his The Machinist. Not bothered watching anything else by the director - seems like he's moved more into tv anyway apart from that silly-sounding 'people vanishing' film . . .

JoshuaKaitlyn 4th November 2012 01:07 PM

Fopp still has a number of Arrow / Shameless titles at around £5 so took advantage:

'Inferno' Got this because of the artwork really! Hope it isn't a case of judging a book by its cover as I've never seen this.

'Dellamorte Dellamore' Got a funny look from the assistant when she saw the cover :)

'City of the Living Dead' I had an old unrated VHS of this until recently.....Got rid of my videos with the intention of keeping a few pre-censored ones! What happens....kids took the lot down to the charity shop! :(

'The Bird with the Crystal Plumage'

'The Stendhal Syndrome' again cover art swung me over....I'm a sucker for cleavages!!!

Time to start moving dvds/blurays on shelves to make space!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th November 2012 01:29 PM

Great choices!

Slippery Jack 4th November 2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 289473)
'The Stendhal Syndrome' again cover art swung me over....I'm a sucker for cleavages!!!

Sounds like you're Arrow/Shameless' ideal customer - 'I don't know this film, but look, cleavage! It can't be all bad' :lol: . . .

keirarts 4th November 2012 02:25 PM

Went car-booting this morning. Picked up LOST series 5 and 6 (where it went a bit crap) for £3 each. Also found the Volker Schondorff adaptation of DEATH OF A SALESMAN for a quid. Not bad really.

The cash generator near me started selling off its dvds at 50p each, got loads of supermarket horrors and fantasies and a few minor rarities like BROWNS REQUIEM, and the vipco double bill of WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON and fuci's HOUSE OF CLOCKS which I'm selling on amazon for quite a bit more. (not £200 quid more though!) Hopefully to fund all the stuff I keep buying.

Wes 4th November 2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 289501)
BROWNS REQUIEM...

I haven't seen it myself but I hear Brown's Requiem is meant to be a minor gem with a very good Michael Rooker...

keirarts 4th November 2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 289521)
I haven't seen it myself but I hear Brown's Requiem is meant to be a minor gem with a very good Michael Rooker...

Just watched it and if you like James Ellroy stuff this is great, a shame it had such a limited release. Hopefully after I sell mine for a tidy profit someone will re-issue it as I find myself sorely tempted to remove the listing and keep it, good solid storytelling.

Criterion7 4th November 2012 05:54 PM

Grabbed this one today will out for super cheap...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...Y6CbUWLErRbLZw

fuzzymctiger 4th November 2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 289493)
Sounds like you're Arrow/Shameless' ideal customer - 'I don't know this film, but look, cleavage! It can't be all bad' :lol: . . .

Melton would be proud

Susan Foreman 4th November 2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 289693)
Melton would be proud

As would Pete!