Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

antmumford 6th November 2012 10:17 PM

I didn't realise B&N's 50% Criterion sale is also on preorders. No excuse for me not to get The Qatsi Trilogy really at only $48.58 (about £30).
Although I don't actually need it and I'm meant to be saving. God damn the inner need to spend unnecessarily

keirarts 7th November 2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 290397)
I didn't realise B&N's 50% Criterion sale is also on preorders. No excuse for me not to get The Qatsi Trilogy really at only $48.58 (about £30).
Although I don't actually need it and I'm meant to be saving. God damn the inner need to spend unnecessarily

With a lottery win I could be tempted to go crazy, incidentally how much is shipping to the UK with B+N? I'm sorely tempted to get Brazil and upgrade Fear and loathing and videodrome. (havent even checked if naked lunch is there!)

antmumford 7th November 2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 290413)
With a lottery win I could be tempted to go crazy, incidentally how much is shipping to the UK with B+N? I'm sorely tempted to get Brazil and upgrade Fear and loathing and videodrome. (havent even checked if naked lunch is there!)

Well just for Qatsi Trilogy it 's $8.49 so not sure what it'll be for the extra items, you'll have to put them through your shopping basket and have a check.

Decided I won't buy it after all, I really must be strong and stop buying stuff as I haev over 300 DVD'd still to watch and about 100 or so Blu-rays. Plus thousands on Netflix and Lovefilm so really there's no need to buy anything else. Unless it's just toooooo good a deal :decision:

Wes 7th November 2012 07:36 AM

Just a quick word of warning re: B&N - I ordered a bunch of stuff and some orders didn't go thru - there's no record of them being purchased even though I'm damn well sure I did push them thru to checkout. Thankfully I didn't get charged but still really annoying. It's happened to other folks as well - some missing orders turned up days later so at the moment I'm waiting to see if Night of the Hunter will magically re-appear in my Recent Orders. There's a sizable complaints thread about the B&N sale going on at another (closed) forum. I'm not gonna get anymore stuff from them.

fuzzymctiger 7th November 2012 07:37 AM

Going to order my first Criterions later tonight from the B&N sale.

Qatsi Trilogy & Heavens Gate.

Are they good choices? (Well I'm definantly getting the Qatsi set)

Other Criterions I'll eventually get are

The Game, Shallow Grave, The Thin Red Line, Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas.

keirarts 7th November 2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 290426)
Going to order my first Criterions later tonight from the B&N sale.

Qatsi Trilogy & Heavens Gate.

Are they good choices? (Well I'm definantly getting the Qatsi set)

Other Criterions I'll eventually get are

The Game, Shallow Grave, The Thin Red Line, Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas.

Heavens gate is well worth owning! It got a LOT of flak for going hideously over budget but once you get past that its actually a quality bit of filmmaking that deserves more credit than it ever get's. Its certainly one i'd pick up if I had the cash to spare.

Incidentally I went into cash generator on the way home from my retinopathy screeing this morning. Not as much as last time, but I picked up Michael Cimino's YEAR OF THE DRAGON and a couple of Paul schrader films PATTY HEARST with natasha richardson, william forsythe and ving rhames and ADAM RESSURRECTED with Jeff goldblum, willem dafoe and derek jacobi. All for 50p each. Also got POPCORN, DRACULA 2, AMERICAN YAKUZA 2, CHRISTOPHER ROTH and BLOODSUCKERS (incense for the damnned) all at the same price.

Bringer Of Funerals 7th November 2012 02:11 PM

Yesterday I bought the blu of EVIL DEAD in the steelbook case

ArgentoFan1987 7th November 2012 02:11 PM

This just arrived today

ReturnToZero 7th November 2012 03:04 PM

A while since i posted here because i have not bought so much film lately but here we go:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2e1amhh.jpg

Rik 7th November 2012 03:06 PM

Upgraded my VHS rip of Hammers Horror of Frankenstein for £2.50 from eBay this morning and took advantage of Arrow's 1 hour deal and ordered Pieces for £3.99