Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 7th November 2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 290598)
Massive buying spree over the last week, picked up a few oldies, newies and bargains! :)

'Never Say Never Again' (1983) The only Bond movie I didn't have,
'Don't Torture a Duckling' (1972)
'Vampyros Lesbos' (1971) Apparently uncut but I can't find any info on the BBFC website about the movie!
'The Changling' (1980) Love this movie! The scene with the ball and the stairs sent shivers down my spine when I first saw it!
'Island of Death' (1976) Artwork grabbed me
'The Beyond' (1981) Again Artwork grabbed me
'It Came From Beneath the Sea' (1955) Never seen it
'20 Million Miles to Earth' (1957) A movie I've love since seeing it as a kid!
'Seconds Apart' (2011) Bluray going cheap 2 for £5 at Thats Entertainment
'Prowl' (2010) Bluray going cheap 2 for £5 at Thats Entertainment
'Husk' (2010) Bluray going cheap 2 for £5 at Thats Entertainment
'Fertile Ground' (2010) Bluray going cheap 2 for £5 at Thats Entertainment plus artwork grabbed me.
'Glory' (1989) Bluray upgrade from DVD
'Mountain of the Cannibal God' (1978) Got this after I read somewhere on this forum that the best version availble was the Vipco flipper disc.
'Skinwalkers' (2006) Artwork
'Witchfinder General' (1968) Special Edition
'X-Rental Boxset':
'Mainiac Cop' (1988)
'The Cheerleaders' (1973) errmmmm Artwork 'Cough!'
'Revenge of the Cheerleaders' (1976) It was in the same box as the above movie! (Honest!)
'McBain' (1991)
'Penitentiary' (1979)
'Penitentiary II' (1982) Was a little worried when I opened the box and found only one disc, Penitentiary! The sequel is included on the disc as an extra!
50 Movie Mega Pack: Hollywood Classics 12 flipper discs with some movies I've heard of 'The Most dangerous Game' and some I've never heard of 'Chandu on the magic Island' I don't know how complete these movies are are but it was a bargain second hand!

Nice haul Joshua! :thumb:

PaulD 7th November 2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 290644)
Not sure about Maniac Cop though.

Maniac Cop is great! And there are some top purchases there Joshua, I've got most of those myself.

Baseball Fury 7th November 2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 290639)
Only the first and second one I think but he also directed Lucky Stars Go Places (1986) which is a combination of the Lucky Stars series and the Aces Go Places series. ;)

I need to get on that!

demonknight 7th November 2012 07:46 PM

Maniac Cop is great alright!
For curing insomnia.
Best thing about it is the great
Bruce Campbell.
And even he can't save it.

nekromantik 7th November 2012 09:20 PM

Im wanting to pick up Killer Joe soon!

JoshuaKaitlyn 7th November 2012 09:20 PM

I was under the impression Maniac Cop was considered a classic here!

keirarts 7th November 2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 290675)
I was under the impression Maniac Cop was considered a classic here!

It is. But pick a film, any film and there's always one person who hates it. For me it was Attack the block that I hated and everyone else loved.

I'm waiting for the fella who hates taxi driver and his mate, the one who thought Third man was overrated! :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th November 2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 276485)
Nick Wrigley. He's stated that the big boys of the set are all either great or good, the top dog being Shadow Of A Doubt which looks incredible, but Frenzy has had redone titles (that are too modern and full of mistakes), Marnie is an awful, almost foggy transfer and Topaz, Torn Curtain etc have a few ropey moments.

HMV shipped my set this morning . Has there been any news about new encodings?

ArgentoFan1987 8th November 2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 290695)
It is. But pick a film, any film and there's always one person who hates it. For me it was Attack the block that I hated and everyone else loved.

I'm waiting for the fella who hates taxi driver and his mate, the one who thought Third man was overrated! :lol:

I've got to say, I wasn't that impressed by Taxi Driver. I didn't hate it,I just think its okay.

The Third Man, on the other hand, is one of my favourite!!

Susan Foreman 8th November 2012 12:16 PM

Today's charity shop purchases:

'New York, New York' - 2 disc - £1:00
'Transformers: The Movie' - Original 1986 animated film - 2 disc, steelbox edition - £2:00