Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th November 2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 291446)

I was tempted by Barbarella, but in the end just picked up films i didn't already own.

Criterion7 10th November 2012 07:25 PM

My GF picked this up for me as an early Christmas present

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...p9YOTB0mNfu95G

Nostalgic 10th November 2012 09:33 PM

I have a week off! Well...kinda! Until Thursday anyway!

My current to-watch list is as follows:

NOSFERATU (Eureka release plus mega amounts of extras!)
BFI GHOST STORY BOX SET (again, plus loads of extras)
DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS
THE MURDER SECRET
BEING HUMAN SEASON 4
SUPERNATURAL THE ANIME SERIES (22 eps)
GHOST HUNT (Anime, 22 eps)
BLACK BUTLER SEASONS 1 & 2 (total, 36 eps!!!!)
BLUE EXCORCIST VOL 2 (13 eps)

Also want to see Skyfall & Argo at the cinema at some point.....

let's see how much of it I can get through! (real life permitting) Lol!

R-T-C Tim 10th November 2012 10:21 PM

More random dvd store treats. Russian modern epics Taras Bulba (2008) and Alexander Warrior Saint along with Polish film Army of Valhalla. New and £5 in total. Reviews soon...

keirarts 10th November 2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 291476)
I have a week off! Well...kinda! Until Thursday anyway!

My current to-watch list is as follows:

NOSFERATU (Eureka release plus mega amounts of extras!)
BFI GHOST STORY BOX SET (again, plus loads of extras)
DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS
THE MURDER SECRET
BEING HUMAN SEASON 4
SUPERNATURAL THE ANIME SERIES (22 eps)
GHOST HUNT (Anime, 22 eps)
BLACK BUTLER SEASONS 1 & 2 (total, 36 eps!!!!)
BLUE EXCORCIST VOL 2 (13 eps)

Also want to see Skyfall & Argo at the cinema at some point.....

let's see how much of it I can get through! (real life permitting) Lol!

There's some very interesting supplemental material on the Nosferatu moc dvd. The supernatural anime (at least the first two episodes I caught) seemed to be episodes from the series redone as anime rather than new story, and ghost hunt is like the anime version of ghost watch without derek arracor and much more entertaining! not seen Black butler or blue exorcist but I hear good things.

The ghost stories box is waiting for me on xmas day!!!

nekromantik 11th November 2012 12:42 AM

Hitchcock not worth the price after reviews. Some of the transfers are meant to be trash.
I will wait for price drop for standard release as I prefer it. Wont pay more then £60 max.
Xmas should see it drop to £70 I say as Zavvi has it for £90 currently.

Daemonia 11th November 2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 291127)
Blockbusters are still selling it at £13.99. Go to your local store and they will probably have one, if not you can pre-order it to get the next one delivered at the same price.

Our Blockbuster moved from the town center to an awkward out-the-way location. They didn't do themselves any favours doing that. I still trek out there now and again, though - just not as much as I used to when it was more conveniently located.

Make Them Die Slowly 11th November 2012 02:18 AM

THE BEYOND. Arrow Blu-ray. A tenner from Fopp.

keirarts 11th November 2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 291513)
Our Blockbuster moved from the town center to an awkward out-the-way location. They didn't do themselves any favours doing that. I still trek out there now and again, though - just not as much as I used to when it was more conveniently located.

You can actually link your in store account with an on-line one, do the whole love film rental thing, and if you don't fancy waiting for a release to be delivered you can go into store and get it half price. You can also check stock availability on line and even just order stuff from there. I do work for them I should add right now, but unlike some other high street retail chains they are attempting to change with the times, A lot of the big chart films are £13.99 on blu-ray including amazing spider-man, dark knight rises, expendables 2, ted and bourne legacy. Given some of those are a quid cheaper than amazon I'd say its worth a look.

keirarts 11th November 2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 291357)
I'd say it's definately still worth upgrading from the dvd. It's not s bad blu-ray transfer, it just could've been better.

Bet a tenner loads of fans get insistant that the italian barebones blu of they live they spent a wad of cash importing is better than shout factorys! I dont know what it is but for some reason obscure european releases always seem to trump the uk/us releases in fans eyes at least.