Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SharonLynette 22nd November 2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 294505)
I've really gotten out of the habit of watching episodic TV and have missed loads. I do love Partridge though. Thanks for the recommendation. I've just ordered :)

I know what you mean, from my late teens until my late twenties I became hopeless at watching series, I'm still pretty bad but I don't get out any more and I have Sky+ it makes it easier but I still have a hard time with 20+ episode American series, I just run out of space and can't keep up! If I'm not in the mood for something I just can't watch it and it will sit there for months.

Paul@TheOverlook 22nd November 2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 294508)
I know what you mean, from my late teens until my late twenties I became hopeless at watching series, I'm still pretty bad but I don't get out any more and I have Sky+ it makes it easier but I still have a hard time with 20+ episode American series, I just run out of space and can't keep up! If I'm not in the mood for something I just can't watch it and it will sit there for months.

We tend to watch a film most nights. We've got Sky+ but to be honest, the notion of recording rarely enters my feeble brain!

SharonLynette 22nd November 2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 294512)
We tend to watch a film most nights. We've got Sky+ but to be honest, the notion of recording rarely enters my feeble brain!

Everything is recorded, series linked, I rarely watch live TV although I did used to watch Batman before heading to work in the morning.

Paul@TheOverlook 22nd November 2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 294514)
Everything is recorded, series linked, I rarely watch live TV although I did used to watch Batman before heading to work in the morning.

The linking of series for recording is inspired, I must say.

SharonLynette 22nd November 2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 294515)
The linking of series for recording is inspired, I must say.

it is, especially when a series has a break, I would be hopeless otherwise and spending more money than necessary on TV dvd sets.

Paul@TheOverlook 22nd November 2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 294516)
it is, especially when a series has a break, I would be hopeless otherwise and spending more money than necessary on TV dvd sets.

Yeah, me too. I've been quite bad at going back over the stuff I have recorded. Was quite disciplined before, would watch something fairly fast and erase them.

And then the baby came along! :D

SharonLynette 22nd November 2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 294518)
Yeah, me too. I've been quite bad at going back over the stuff I have recorded. Was quite disciplined before, would watch something fairly fast and erase them.

And then the baby came along! :D

Yeah, I try and keep on top of things like its a full time job. I've been ill and off work quite a bit this last year and you would think it was a lot easier but I've rarely been in the mood for stuff. This has left it up to my partner to deal with it but he is useless, he doesn't keep on top of the recordings, he will look at the percentage left, work out what is left to record but forget to include after midnight. Also the amount of times he has deleted something half way through a show. He really doesn't pay attention so I've had to make the occasional trips out of bed to sort it out. I do waste space by recording films I own just because they're on in HD.

Paul@TheOverlook 22nd November 2012 11:29 AM

Yeah, HD is a space gobbler for sure!

SharonLynette 22nd November 2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 294520)
Yeah, HD is a space gobbler for sure!

but it is so attractive! I've been recording Cheers in HD! But films in HD on a channel that has adverts is usually 7%, it goes so quickly. With the amount of dvds I buy I should just get rid of the movie channels.

SharonLynette 22nd November 2012 12:25 PM

Another one to plug in the gaps in my collection:

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL15.../404727216.jpg