Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151369Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd November 2012, 09:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
I've really gotten out of the habit of watching episodic TV and have missed loads. I do love Partridge though. Thanks for the recommendation. I've just ordered
I know what you mean, from my late teens until my late twenties I became hopeless at watching series, I'm still pretty bad but I don't get out any more and I have Sky+ it makes it easier but I still have a hard time with 20+ episode American series, I just run out of space and can't keep up! If I'm not in the mood for something I just can't watch it and it will sit there for months.
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:09 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I know what you mean, from my late teens until my late twenties I became hopeless at watching series, I'm still pretty bad but I don't get out any more and I have Sky+ it makes it easier but I still have a hard time with 20+ episode American series, I just run out of space and can't keep up! If I'm not in the mood for something I just can't watch it and it will sit there for months.
We tend to watch a film most nights. We've got Sky+ but to be honest, the notion of recording rarely enters my feeble brain!
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
We tend to watch a film most nights. We've got Sky+ but to be honest, the notion of recording rarely enters my feeble brain!
Everything is recorded, series linked, I rarely watch live TV although I did used to watch Batman before heading to work in the morning.
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Everything is recorded, series linked, I rarely watch live TV although I did used to watch Batman before heading to work in the morning.
The linking of series for recording is inspired, I must say.
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
The linking of series for recording is inspired, I must say.
it is, especially when a series has a break, I would be hopeless otherwise and spending more money than necessary on TV dvd sets.
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:18 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
it is, especially when a series has a break, I would be hopeless otherwise and spending more money than necessary on TV dvd sets.
Yeah, me too. I've been quite bad at going back over the stuff I have recorded. Was quite disciplined before, would watch something fairly fast and erase them.

And then the baby came along!
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Yeah, me too. I've been quite bad at going back over the stuff I have recorded. Was quite disciplined before, would watch something fairly fast and erase them.

And then the baby came along!
Yeah, I try and keep on top of things like its a full time job. I've been ill and off work quite a bit this last year and you would think it was a lot easier but I've rarely been in the mood for stuff. This has left it up to my partner to deal with it but he is useless, he doesn't keep on top of the recordings, he will look at the percentage left, work out what is left to record but forget to include after midnight. Also the amount of times he has deleted something half way through a show. He really doesn't pay attention so I've had to make the occasional trips out of bed to sort it out. I do waste space by recording films I own just because they're on in HD.
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:29 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yeah, HD is a space gobbler for sure!
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Yeah, HD is a space gobbler for sure!
but it is so attractive! I've been recording Cheers in HD! But films in HD on a channel that has adverts is usually 7%, it goes so quickly. With the amount of dvds I buy I should just get rid of the movie channels.
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Another one to plug in the gaps in my collection:

Like this? Share it using the links below!