Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th May 2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 77377)
The Hard Way is a very under-rated Hollywood buddy flick, I reckon.

Finally got my hands on the Shriek Show Zombie Pack today, despite the best efforts of a volcano, the Royal Mail Parcel Sorting Office and a bank holiday.

So that's Zombi 3, Zombie 4: After Death and Zombie 5: Killing Birds.

Ooooh very nice, very nice indeed. I luv that boxset - and ALL the films - they're great fun and underrated IMO. Then again I do luv zombies!

Got one of the most controversial and disturbing films ever made today - in fact I'm a big hessitant to watch it. Yes, it's none other than Sherlock Bones - a film about a talking dog detective! :pound: Stuff of nightmares!

Also got Wishmaster too!

BioZombie 4th May 2010 01:10 PM

Just ordered a couple of Brian Trenchard Smith films The Man From Hong Kong and Stunt Rock. Looking forward to seeing these.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th May 2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 77390)
Just ordered a couple of Brian Trenchard Smith films The Man From Hong Kong and Stunt Rock. Looking forward to seeing these.

WAHHH! Brian Trenchard Smith is the man! Absolutely LUV Stunt Rock - such an awesome film. What DVD is The Man From Hong Kong mate? It sounds like a great film.

BioZombie 4th May 2010 01:37 PM

Man From Hong Kong is the 2 disk reigon 4 Madman release. It was a bit expensive, I paid £23 with shipping from the US from eBay (I think the seller had more of the same) but it has the proper aspect ratio which other releases aparantly dont have. Plus it has a commentry and a load of other extras. Now I just have to wait 5 to 10 days for delivery grrrrr!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Man-Hong-Kong-...item563bb4abae

Richcrue 4th May 2010 02:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Was my birthday last week and my missus got me the AWE Cannibal 4 disc boxset.
Attachment 5422

Attachment 5423

Attachment 5424

vincenzo 4th May 2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 77393)
Man From Hong Kong is the 2 disk reigon 4 Madman release. It was a bit expensive.

Excellent release of an excellent film. You'll be singing Jigsaw's Sky High for days afterwards. :dance:

42ndStreetFreak 4th May 2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richcrue (Post 77401)
Was my birthday last week and my missus got me the AWE Cannibal 4 disc boxset.
Attachment 5422

Attachment 5423

Attachment 5424

Nice! In English with German subs? or German/English dubs?
Uncut I presume.

"Inn of the Damned"/"Night of Fear" - Australian exploitation double bill.

"Double Vision" - A utterly bizarre combination of Tony Leung & David Morse team up to tackle a serial killer case with supernatural overtones. Sounded interesting (£1)

"Public Access" - Early Bryan Singer flick about a mysterious stranger who sets up a public access Tv show that has a dangerous influence on a small town. (£1)

"The Mekanik" - Dolphy Lundgren kicks ass in a Russian accent.

None DVD buy:

"Creepshows - The Illustrated Stephen King Movie Giude" - Stephen Jones. (£3)

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2010 05:03 PM

The Hard Way is gem of a movie.James Woods is excellent as always and Stephen Lang hams it up nicely as the party crasher.

oaxaca 4th May 2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 77439)
The Hard Way is gem of a movie.James Woods is excellent as always and Stephen Lang hams it up nicely as the party crasher.

Good to see some James Woods fans! yeah, its a brilliant film, I think Woods must be one of the most underrated hollywood actors, he plays his characters so intense its hilarious. A very natural flair for comedy. I would recommend his 1988 film COP; another classic Woods film :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2010 05:30 PM

I've not seen COP since 1988.Keep meaning to buy the dvd.