Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 24th November 2012 07:12 PM

Just watched Pet Semetary (yes ok, I'll spell it incorrectly like the title!)

GREAT pq, looks really good, the film still holds up for me as well. Very dark and troubling at times and dealing with subject matter a lot of people would possibly want to avoid. A great king adaptation imo and a great looking BLU.

They live.

Needless to say I love this movie. Didn't find any real faults in picture or sound to quibble about either, definately the best presentation of this film i've ever seen.

Rik 24th November 2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 295278)
Just watched Pet Semetary (yes ok, I'll spell it incorrectly like the title!)

GREAT pq, looks really good, the film still holds up for me as well. Very dark and troubling at times and dealing with subject matter a lot of people would possibly want to avoid. A great king adaptation imo and a great looking BLU.

I really need to pick this up, it was the first King book I read 22 years ago and more than likely my first King film too a few months later, I'm still scared of Zelda to this day, she freaks me out big time!

Rik 24th November 2012 08:54 PM

I haven't bought **** all for what seems like weeks due to a number of things, my son's birthday(today), Xmas coming up and the fact that Student Finance owe me about £3500 :mmph:

Fear not fellow addicts, come the new year I'm gonna be on it like a car bonnet as the young 'uns say :lol:

keirarts 24th November 2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 295303)
I really need to pick this up, it was the first King book I read 22 years ago and more than likely my first King film too a few months later, I'm still scared of Zelda to this day, she freaks me out big time!

It's region free as well, so anyone whose not got a toshiba bdx player can rest easy, it ran through my ps3 with no complaints!

Just finished the evening up with the Steelbook Evil dead blu-ray.

Looks fantastic, sort of wish I had the option to watch it in 4:3 but thats a minor quibble for an otherwise excellent presentation of this classic. Certainly up there with the origional Texas chainsaw for how good a zero budget DIY horror movie shot on 16mm can look on the format. Highly reccomended!

Make Them Die Slowly 25th November 2012 08:44 AM

Seven Samuri
The Red Monks
Basket Case(SWV R1 release. £2.00 second hand in Fopp)
Almost Human
Transsiberian. This better be good Stefan or it's back in the gimp box for you.

PaulD 25th November 2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 295329)
It's region free as well, so anyone whose not got a toshiba bdx player can rest easy, it ran through my ps3 with no complaints!

Just finished the evening up with the Steelbook Evil dead blu-ray.

Looks fantastic, sort of wish I had the option to watch it in 4:3 but thats a minor quibble for an otherwise excellent presentation of this classic. Certainly up there with the origional Texas chainsaw for how good a zero budget DIY horror movie shot on 16mm can look on the format. Highly reccomended!

Evil Dead was the film that convinced me to go bluray. After seeing that in HD I realised how good even a low budget film could look.

fuzzymctiger 25th November 2012 11:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Right after I go and order Miami Connection, Drafthouse go and have a sale!

Anyway, decided to reap the opportunity, and order these 2. :woot:

Attachment 91778Attachment 91779

sawyer6 25th November 2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 295389)
Right after I go and order Miami Connection, Drafthouse go and have a sale!

Anyway, decided to reap the opportunity, and order these 2. :woot:

Attachment 91778Attachment 91779

Ah, when will they release a region 2 blu-ray of Wake In Fright :(

klownz 25th November 2012 11:42 AM

I GOT

I brought from fopp the arrow editions of macabre, beyond reanimator and pieces a couple of days ago:rockon:

Slippery Jack 25th November 2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 295396)
Ah, when will they release a region 2 blu-ray of Wake In Fright :(

The Ozzy Blu is region free y'know? I got it last christmas :woot: . . .