Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

sawyer6 25th November 2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 295402)
The Ozzy Blu is region free y'know? I got it last christmas :woot: . . .

I didn't know actually :doh: thanks for that :)

fuzzymctiger 25th November 2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 295402)
The Ozzy Blu is region free y'know? I got it last christmas :woot: . . .

It seems to pop in and out of JB Hi Fi's sales a fair bit too. You could probably order it quite cheap on Boxing Day.

Slippery Jack 25th November 2012 11:18 AM

Just pre ordered the Anchor Bay re release of their Slient Night, Deadly Night 1 + 2 set. It's gonna arrive after christmas though, which is a shame . . .

fuzzymctiger 25th November 2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 295407)
Just pre ordered the Anchor Bay re release of their Slient Night, Deadly Night 1 + 2 set. It's gonna arrive after christmas though, which is a shame . . .

Wish they'd bloody put the first one out on Blu Ray. They had the perfect opportunity, with a remake coming up, and thy give it a DVD rerelease instead.

Slippery Jack 25th November 2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 295410)
Wish they'd bloody put the first one out on Blu Ray. They had the perfect opportunity, with a remake coming up, and thy give it a DVD rerelease instead.

Not bothered personally. I'm perfectly happy with scuzzy old horrors on dvd, plus I've not seen either film so a bargain for me . . .

nekromantik 25th November 2012 08:31 PM

Just seen Vertigo for the first time!
Great PQ on this release. Movie was great too. Not sure if I like it better then Psycho though. Next Hitchcock viewing will be Rear Window me thinks. Not sure when though.

keirarts 25th November 2012 10:46 PM

Just watched the BASKET CASE steelbook. Like Evil dead it's never looked better, glad to see Hennenlotter himself had input into the HD presentation, it preserves the grimy look of the film perfectly and the bonus features are a hoot. Glad to see they kept the something weird commentary track, one of the best commentary tracks about imo.

After this and RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD i'm looking forward to second sights forthcoming titles!

fuzzymctiger 25th November 2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 295565)
Just watched the BASKET CASE steelbook. Like Evil dead it's never looked better, glad to see Hennenlotter himself had input into the HD presentation, it preserves the grimy look of the film perfectly and the bonus features are a hoot. Glad to see they kept the something weird commentary track, one of the best commentary tracks about imo.

After this and RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD i'm looking forward to second sights forthcoming titles!

With Piranha, Re Animator, Bride Of Re Animator, From Beyond, Society, Scanner Trilogy and The Brood coming up, is it possible NOT to be excited? :pop2:

keirarts 25th November 2012 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 295569)
With Piranha, Re Animator, Bride Of Re Animator, From Beyond, Society, Scanner Trilogy and The Brood coming up, is it possible NOT to be excited? :pop2:

A lot (if not all) with graham humphrey's art on the covers if the featurette on basket case is correct!

Attachment 91822

Just found ZOVERSTOCKS flogging this at £3.80. A bit short on cash at the minute but thought what the hell.

Just hope its on par with VIOLENT COP, BOILING POINT, SONATINE and HANA-BI.

JoshuaKaitlyn 26th November 2012 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 91826arrived this morning!