Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

re.form 27th November 2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 296203)
The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin, 3 disc DVD set for £1.99 today. :cool:

That's a decent collection, and for that price for about 8 hours of matches you can't go wrong.

Make Them Die Slowly 28th November 2012 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Blind buy, knowing nothing of the films or director other than they and he are highly rated by a few people here. I was just going to buy 'Solaris' but this box set which includes it, was cheaper!

keirarts 28th November 2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 296241)
Blind buy, knowing nothing of the films or director other than they and he are highly rated by a few people here. I was just going to buy 'Solaris' but this box set which includes it, was cheaper!

I heard Andrei Rubelev was an inferior release, but if your getting STALKER and SOLARIS then it was still definately worth picking up imo.

Make Them Die Slowly 28th November 2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 296264)
I heard Andrei Rubelev was an inferior release, but if your getting STALKER and SOLARIS then it was still definately worth picking up imo.

From what I read there is either 10 or 30 minutes missing from the version of AR in the box set. I'm not too bothered, having never seen any of the films and looking at the prices of them individually, it's still a bargain if one film isn't perfect.

Wes 28th November 2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 296319)
From what I read there is either 10 or 30 minutes missing from the version of AR in the box set. I'm not too bothered, having never seen any of the films and looking at the prices of them individually, it's still a bargain if one film isn't perfect.

Tarkovsky is the greatest genius of Cinema I think, so personally that boxset was a great buy. The Artificial Eye Andrei Rublev is indeed a shorter version to the so called Scorsese Cut but Tarkovsky signed off on the shorter version, and it does contain some alternative shots to the longer version so it's a totally valid version of the film. Also, it's missing some fairly intense animal violence seen in the longer cut which may be a good thing depending on how much you like seeing a horse fall down a staircase...

PaulD 28th November 2012 04:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Been doing a lot of Christmas shopping for others and ended up treating myself to the following today (I really wanted to get those Pop Flix giallo collections but 2 of them aren't in stock on Amazon and the other one only has one film I need. Any ideas where else to get these from at a reasonable price?)

Sobral 28th November 2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 296352)
I really wanted to get those Pop Flix giallo collections but 2 of them aren't in stock on Amazon and the other one only has one film I need. Any ideas where else to get these from at a reasonable price?)

They used to be on the label site but can't find them anymore (???).

Allegro Music

PaulD 28th November 2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 296358)
They used to be on the label site but can't find them anymore (???).

Allegro Music

No I couldn't find them either. I wonder if they were pulled due to rights issues maybe?

JoshuaKaitlyn 28th November 2012 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 91934
And today I went old school!

PaulD 28th November 2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 296370)
Attachment 91934
And today I went old school!

That's an excellent DVD release! The booklet alone is fantastic.