Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 29th November 2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 296528)
Finally ordered another Criterion, as the two on my shelf were getting lonely - Godzilla.
I don't know how you UK Criterion fiends do it, these things are far too expensive!

Tell me about it!
I only own 4 at the moment. Just bought 2 few weeks ago.
Great packages though.

antmumford 29th November 2012 07:11 AM

I haven't bought a single Criterion and I do have a multi-region player so what would you guys recommend as my first dip in the Criterion water? What is most probably THE best film they've released? A hard question I know but to be honest I don't think I've seen a single film in their collection other than Wages of Fear and Videodrome. I like all films from all genres so I can't even help you narrow it down a bit, sorry. :o

Hawkmonger 29th November 2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 296530)
I haven't bought a single Criterion and I do have a multi-region player so what would you guys recommend as my first dip in the Criterion water? What is most probably THE best film they've released? A hard question I know but to be honest I don't think I've seen a single film in their collection other than Wages of Fear and Videodrome. I like all films from all genres so I can't even help you narrow it down a bit, sorry. :o

Videodrome. A ****ing brillient package and one of the highlights of my collection.:nod:

PaulD 29th November 2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Their release of Blow Out is fantastic and one of my all-time favourite thrillers

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th November 2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 296370)
Attachment 91934
And today I went old school!

This will probably come as no surprise coming from me, but it's a great film and the Masters of Cinema release is easily the best available. Top purchase!

keirarts 29th November 2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 296520)
There isn't any more violence, in fact, it's been toned down slightly in this version.

Good idea to keep the origional cut then!!!

Baseball Fury 29th November 2012 07:47 AM

Night of the Hunter, one of the best films ever made.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th November 2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

I'll have a look at the ones I own and see which I consider essential.

Refused 29th November 2012 08:28 AM

Admittedly, I don't even know anything about the majority of titles Criterion release. I need to do some research, I'm sure there's heaps of phenomenal releases but I'm always hesitant to blind buy due to the price.
Tempted to go for some of the samurai films though, and Wes Anderson ones too.

JoshuaKaitlyn 29th November 2012 11:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 91992Attachment 91993Attachment 91994
More shiney goodness :)