Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 30th November 2012 02:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just ordered these off Play.com

Attachment 92149

Attachment 92150

Attachment 92151

Attachment 92152

JoshuaKaitlyn 30th November 2012 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 92154
Today's addition to the magpies nest!

Refused 30th November 2012 02:28 PM

Well, I was trying to limit my spending before Christmas. As I said over on the blu-ray thread I ordered these -

Godzilla vs Biollante
Miami Connection
Zebraman 2

And that was gonna be that. But then Arrow put a sale on, so I have these DVDs incoming -

Card Player
Macabre
Sleepless
Terror At The Opera
Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman

demonknight 30th November 2012 02:32 PM

Got Tales from the Crypt boxset from Germany today. Four discs with four episodes on each,i think. Will check them out over the christmas along with Christmas Evil,Silent night deadly night,The Definitive document of the dead and the Zombie bluray steelbook.

PaulD 30th November 2012 02:33 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Thanks to the Super Awesome Sale on Arrow's website at the minute I filled a lot of the gaps in my collection with the following order which came to £29:

Refused 30th November 2012 02:49 PM

There's so much I want on Arrow's sale - I think I'm going to stagger my orders, I won't feel so indulgent then.

keirarts 30th November 2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 296924)

should warn you, that Videodrome release is cut, it's the R-rated version I believe.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th November 2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 296940)
should warn you, that Videodrome release is cut, it's the R-rated version I believe.

Is the UK dvd which has been out years also cut Keirarts?

Pete 30th November 2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 296943)
Is the UK dvd which has been out years also cut Keirarts?

According to DVD Compare it is.

Quote:

R2 United Kingdom - (Universal Pictures) - "R-rated" version, and hence is still missing:
-The complete reveal of the Oriental dildo, which lasts 4 seconds longer.
-When Max and Nicki first get together, Max picks up a needle from the floor and traces it along Nicki's legs and torso.
-When Max pulls the needle from Nicki's left ear, four seconds showing the needle sliding out of the lobe and being held clear are cut.
-Max pushing the needle into Nicki's right ear amounts to about 2 seconds of delete video.
-The view of Max and Nicki making love on the floor of the torture chamber is longer by about 5 seconds.
-The shot of Max's second executive murder runs for 23 frames in the PAL version and 48 frames in the NTSC version, amounting to 1 second of missing film.
-The shot of Barry Convex's face splitting open is more lingering, as are some of the other points of view.
-An additional close up of Barry's open chest, with the jagged ends of ribs clearly visible, amounts to 3 seconds.

Baseball Fury 30th November 2012 03:42 PM

Postage on Amazon? Never!