Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th November 2012 03:46 PM

Thanks Pete. :)

I may pick up an uncut one sometime.

Susan Foreman 30th November 2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 296930)
Thanks to the Super Awesome Sale on Arrow's website at the minute I filled a lot of the gaps in my collection with the following order which came to £29:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 296932)
There's so much I want on Arrow's sale - I think I'm going to stagger my orders, I won't feel so indulgent then.

Good calls.

Have just ordered:

The Deadly Spawn
The Man with the Severed Head
Two Evil Eyes
Frankenhooker
Surf Nazis Must Die
The Beyond
(to replace the one I have with the b/w opening)
Super Bitch
Night Child
Combat Shock

Will look at putting in another order when I have worked out my finances for December!

Wes 30th November 2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 296827)
My GF grabbed me the coffin set for Christmas and it came through from England without a scratch. (I live in Canada so it was pretty impressive). Now I just need to wait til Christmas to open it.. :(
I lust over your Phantasm set, lucky guy. Did that have the feature length documentary?

Thanks Dude... I didn't know that the Phantasm box was out of print - which is a shame, it's a fine set - 5 discs and yes I think it has the doc... I must admit, I picked up the box for the first two films - are Lord of the Dead and Oblivion worth catching ?

Pete 30th November 2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 296923)

You do know practically everything is missing from FEROX?

keirarts 30th November 2012 04:04 PM

Arrow have a sale on.

Picked up Rififi, the conformist,Bicycle Thieves, The Tin Drum, Ashes and Diamonds, Class of Nuke 'em High (spot the odd one out!) on Blu-ray at £7.99 each with free postage. (I already have les diaboliques before anyone chips in!)

On dvd got.. Surf Nazis Must Die (DVD) £3.99 Jaguar Lives! (DVD) £3.99 Deadly Outlaw: Rekka (DVD) £3.99.

Bit of a blow out, and all my overtime money gone but damnned cheap discs!

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th November 2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 296946)
Postage on Amazon? Never!

Eh?

keirarts 30th November 2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 296943)
Is the UK dvd which has been out years also cut Keirarts?

Yes. I'd thought it was uncut for years but then I saw the criterion dvd and the death of barry convex is much longer!

bit of a doh re-edit, getting characters mixed up in my head, its been a long day!

Edgeworth 30th November 2012 04:44 PM

Just seen Arrow sale aswell, it's payday so I bought a few.

Lady Snowblood steelbook
Caligula
House By The Cememtary
+ Kentucky Fried Movie & Pervert! DVD's

Thought i'd get HBTC and Caligula blu's whilst the slips were still around, Play shipped my ZFE steelie today also!

SharonLynette 30th November 2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 296928)
And that was gonna be that. But then Arrow put a sale on, so I have these DVDs incoming -

Card Player
Macabre
Sleepless
Terror At The Opera
Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 296930)
Thanks to the Super Awesome Sale on Arrow's website at the minute I filled a lot of the gaps in my collection with the following order which came to £29:

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 296955)
Good calls.

Have just ordered:

The Deadly Spawn
The Man with the Severed Head
Two Evil Eyes
Frankenhooker
Surf Nazis Must Die
The Beyond
(to replace the one I have with the b/w opening)
Super Bitch
Night Child
Combat Shock

Will look at putting in another order when I have worked out my finances for December!

Wasn't planning on buying anything then I came on to this thread and saw everyone mention the Arrow sale so I popped over for a look and ended up ordering:

Terror at the Opera - Already have on dvd but the Anchor Bay release, would still like it on blu-ray though.
McBain - for Grandad
Surf Nazis Must Die - Something else I already have on dvd but want a nicer version - I think I got this for £1 in my local discount centre.
Super Bitch
Class of Nuke 'em High (blu)
A Bay of Blood (blu)
Day of the Dead (blu)

Time to find a photo of Barry Manilow for my mum.

Slippery Jack 30th November 2012 05:05 PM

Cheeky Arrow stealing Fopp's thunder :lol: Was gonna go there next weekend for Island of Death and Deadly Spawn, but just ordered em (and might come back for more) . . .