Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Wes 30th November 2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 297047)
Also bought this earlier from HMV online for £14. Had my eye on it for a while but didn't want to pay over £15 for it so pretty chuffed with it:

Great buy... I watched the entire Elm Street series about two years ago in preparation for the Never Sleep Again documentary and it was great - time has been very kind to these movies, the anamatronic effects are brilliant, especially for the over the top set pieces in the Dream Trilogy...

SharonLynette 30th November 2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Also bought this earlier from HMV online for £14. Had my eye on it for a while but didn't want to pay over £15 for it so pretty chuffed with it:

I got this for my birthday for £17.99, I was pretty chuffed with that price but £15 is a bargain! Still haven't opened it but am planning to this weekend.

Rik 30th November 2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

That is cheap!

PaulD 30th November 2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 297052)
Great buy... I watched the entire Elm Street series about two years ago in preparation for the Never Sleep Again documentary and it was great - time has been very kind to these movies, the anamatronic effects are brilliant, especially for the over the top set pieces in the Dream Trilogy...

There's a couple that I haven't seen (4 and 5 I think) but even 2 and 3 haven't been watched for a good ten years or more so I'm really looking forward to working my way through the series again (even Freddy's Dead). Must get that documentary at some point too actually.

Wes 30th November 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 297055)
There's a couple that I haven't seen (4 and 5 I think) but even 2 and 3 haven't been watched for a good ten years or more so I'm really looking forward to working my way through the series again (even Freddy's Dead). Must get that documentary at some point too actually.

Be sure to pick it up Paul, it's really one of the finest film documentaries out there. Yeah, Freddy's Dead is not bad, easily the weirdest of the series...

Rik 30th November 2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 297055)

My sister bought me the set for Xmas last year and I had a Freddy marathon at the start of the year, 2 is still the worst IMO with 1 and New Nightmare being the best

PaulD 30th November 2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 297059)
My sister bought me the set for Xmas last year and I had a Freddy marathon at the start of the year, 2 is still the worst IMO with 1 and New Nightmare being the best

Yeah, I absolutely love New Nightmare. Craven was ahead of Scream with that film and I cannot wait to see it in HD. From what I remember there's a decent amount of extras on the boxset too?

Rik 30th November 2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 297061)
Yeah, I absolutely love New Nightmare. Craven was ahead of Scream with that film and I cannot wait to see it in HD. From what I remember there's a decent amount of extras on the boxset too?

Yeah there is, which reminds me that I still haven't got through them all yet, same goes for the Alien Anthology where I haven't even started on the extras.
That Never Sleep Again doc was instore at HMV for £7 the last time I went in, I didn't buy it because the only copy they had in had a broken case and torn insert :mmph:

antmumford 30th November 2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 297049)
Any love for I Saw The Devil ? The US Blu is going for 10bucks over at Amazon. Heard good things about this film.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...e2c6285917.jpg

One of my all time favourite films and one of the best looking Blus too, stunning.

Wes 30th November 2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 297067)
One of my all time favourite films and one of the best looking Blus too, stunning.

What a recommendation ! I might just grab this later ! Thanks Ant !