Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 3rd December 2012 07:37 AM

It's my birthday on Friday and my Mum decided to order some films for me completely forgetting the email we use for Amazon is mine (it logs in automatically). So you can imagine my surprise when I got emails thanking me for my orders of PUPPET MASTER BD and DVD's of LIVE LIKE A COP, DIE LIKE A MAN and SUPERBITCH :D

Pete 3rd December 2012 08:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just ordered these two from Arrow's site:

Vampix 3rd December 2012 09:55 AM

Even though I'm not a big fan of steelbooks, I've ordered the Arrow steelbook of Demons 1 & 2 from Zavvi, £10.95 delivered. :)

PaulD 3rd December 2012 10:46 AM

7 Attachment(s)
After seeing comedian Richard Herring interview Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton for a podcast earlier this year I really wanted to go back and watch The League of Gentlemen series as I loved it when it was on but always forget to order the dvds. Just placed an order with Zoverstocks for series 1-3, Christmas Special, Live at Drury Lane, the Pantomime and the movie for the grand total of £12. Really can't wait to see these again!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd December 2012 11:19 AM

The League of Gentlemen is a brilliant show – definitely one of my favourites – which I'd never tire of watching. I don't think I've seen the Pantomime DVD, but I did see it live and thought it was great.

SharonLynette 3rd December 2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 297956)
After seeing comedian Richard Herring interview Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton for a podcast earlier this year I really wanted to go back and watch The League of Gentlemen series as I loved it when it was on but always forget to order the dvds. Just placed an order with Zoverstocks for series 1-3, Christmas Special, Live at Drury Lane, the Pantomime and the movie for the grand total of £12. Really can't wait to see these again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 297958)
The League of Gentlemen is a brilliant show – definitely one of my favourites – which I'd never tire of watching. I don't think I've seen the Pantomime DVD, but I did see it live and thought it was great.

Same here, I hadn't watched it for a while but have recently seen a few episodes on I think Gold at night, I think I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that show. It has made me want to go back and revisit. My partner is from the area where all the outside stuff was filmed so if I watch it with him he just goes on about who lived where and what he used to buy from that shop :mmph: it is sweet though I suppose.

But I digress, great buy Paul! I think I may need to look in replacing the videos I have in the new year although I'd like to watch the Christmas special now.

PaulD 3rd December 2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 297966)
But I digress, great buy Paul! I think I may need to look in replacing the videos I have in the new year although I'd like to watch the Christmas special now.

As long as you don't mind buying second hand you can get them really cheap from Amazon marketplace. Zoverstocks always have them the cheapest and offer great customer service if there's ever a problem with the item. Like I said, I got all of those for £12 including p&p and am confident that if there's anything wrong with them (scratched discs etc) I'll be able to get a full refund without even having to send the items back

Am I right in thinking the Christmas Special can be watched independently of the series without knowing much about it? Just would like to watch it before Christmas without it 'spoiling' the series (even though I've seen them before!)

SharonLynette 3rd December 2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 297974)
As long as you don't mind buying second hand you can get them reallt cheap from Amazon marketplace. Zoverstocks always have them the cheapest and offer great customer service if there's ever a problem with the item. Like I said, I got all of those for £12 including p&p and am confident that if there's anything wrong with them (scratched discs etc) I'll be able to get a full refund without even having to send the items back

I think I will go for second-hand when I can, I've used Zoverstocks before and quite like them but I think I have to save what little money I have for next month as I might need it.

AHA! Just checked the Gold website and the Christmas special is on on the 7th December! Better set it to record!

PaulD 3rd December 2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 297978)
AHA! Just checked the Gold website and the Christmas special is on on the 7th December! Better set it to record!

Damn! That's £2.21 (inc p&p) wasted! :( :)

Susan Foreman 3rd December 2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 297956)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 297958)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 297966)
Same here, I hadn't watched it for a while but have recently seen a few episodes on I think Gold at night, I think I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that show. It has made me want to go back and revisit. My partner is from the area where all the outside stuff was filmed so if I watch it with him he just goes on about who lived where and what he used to buy from that shop :mmph: it is sweet though I suppose.

The League are essential viewing as far as I am concerned

Much better than the over-rated 'Little Britain' cr*p

Oh - Mr. Feratu - you HAVE to get the pantomime DVD