Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151367Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2012, 07:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's my birthday on Friday and my Mum decided to order some films for me completely forgetting the email we use for Amazon is mine (it logs in automatically). So you can imagine my surprise when I got emails thanking me for my orders of PUPPET MASTER BD and DVD's of LIVE LIKE A COP, DIE LIKE A MAN and SUPERBITCH

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 3rd December 2012, 08:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just ordered these two from Arrow's site:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg midnight.jpg (38.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg nightchild.jpg (97.9 KB, 3 views)
bdc, Rik, Jinx_Barkman and 5 others like this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 3rd December 2012, 09:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Even though I'm not a big fan of steelbooks, I've ordered the Arrow steelbook of Demons 1 & 2 from Zavvi, £10.95 delivered.
bdc and SharonLynette like this.
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:46 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

After seeing comedian Richard Herring interview Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton for a podcast earlier this year I really wanted to go back and watch The League of Gentlemen series as I loved it when it was on but always forget to order the dvds. Just placed an order with Zoverstocks for series 1-3, Christmas Special, Live at Drury Lane, the Pantomime and the movie for the grand total of £12. Really can't wait to see these again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (20.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (19.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (19.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (18.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (11.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (23.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (34.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:19 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The League of Gentlemen is a brilliant show – definitely one of my favourites – which I'd never tire of watching. I don't think I've seen the Pantomime DVD, but I did see it live and thought it was great.
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
After seeing comedian Richard Herring interview Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton for a podcast earlier this year I really wanted to go back and watch The League of Gentlemen series as I loved it when it was on but always forget to order the dvds. Just placed an order with Zoverstocks for series 1-3, Christmas Special, Live at Drury Lane, the Pantomime and the movie for the grand total of £12. Really can't wait to see these again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The League of Gentlemen is a brilliant show – definitely one of my favourites – which I'd never tire of watching. I don't think I've seen the Pantomime DVD, but I did see it live and thought it was great.
Same here, I hadn't watched it for a while but have recently seen a few episodes on I think Gold at night, I think I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that show. It has made me want to go back and revisit. My partner is from the area where all the outside stuff was filmed so if I watch it with him he just goes on about who lived where and what he used to buy from that shop it is sweet though I suppose.

But I digress, great buy Paul! I think I may need to look in replacing the videos I have in the new year although I'd like to watch the Christmas special now.
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:55 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
But I digress, great buy Paul! I think I may need to look in replacing the videos I have in the new year although I'd like to watch the Christmas special now.

As long as you don't mind buying second hand you can get them really cheap from Amazon marketplace. Zoverstocks always have them the cheapest and offer great customer service if there's ever a problem with the item. Like I said, I got all of those for £12 including p&p and am confident that if there's anything wrong with them (scratched discs etc) I'll be able to get a full refund without even having to send the items back

Am I right in thinking the Christmas Special can be watched independently of the series without knowing much about it? Just would like to watch it before Christmas without it 'spoiling' the series (even though I've seen them before!)
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
As long as you don't mind buying second hand you can get them reallt cheap from Amazon marketplace. Zoverstocks always have them the cheapest and offer great customer service if there's ever a problem with the item. Like I said, I got all of those for £12 including p&p and am confident that if there's anything wrong with them (scratched discs etc) I'll be able to get a full refund without even having to send the items back
I think I will go for second-hand when I can, I've used Zoverstocks before and quite like them but I think I have to save what little money I have for next month as I might need it.

AHA! Just checked the Gold website and the Christmas special is on on the 7th December! Better set it to record!
PaulD likes this.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:01 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
AHA! Just checked the Gold website and the Christmas special is on on the 7th December! Better set it to record!
Damn! That's £2.21 (inc p&p) wasted!
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:33 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Quote:
Same here, I hadn't watched it for a while but have recently seen a few episodes on I think Gold at night, I think I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that show. It has made me want to go back and revisit. My partner is from the area where all the outside stuff was filmed so if I watch it with him he just goes on about who lived where and what he used to buy from that shop it is sweet though I suppose.

The League are essential viewing as far as I am concerned

Much better than the over-rated 'Little Britain' cr*p

Oh - Mr. Feratu - you HAVE to get the pantomime DVD
PaulD likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!