Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Wes 3rd December 2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 298248)
I loved the last RAMBO film, Wes. I think it's great :D

I wanted so bad to like it but I was so disappointed. Stallone looks dreadful in the film as well. I caught Cliffhanger as well recently and it still holds up very well, there's some impressive mountain photography in that film...

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd December 2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 298256)
I wanted so bad to like it but I was so disappointed. Stallone looks dreadful in the film as well. I caught Cliffhanger as well recently and it still holds up very well, there's some impressive mountain photography in that film...

Yeah, that's the one negative thing I have to say about Rambo/John Rambo. Stallone looked terrible. Wasn't there a big furore around that time with the Australian authorities and steroids he was taking? I think he took a little too much by the looks of him!

pedromonkey 3rd December 2012 09:08 PM

Stallone said he was going for the 'epic lumberjack look' for the last Rambo and i thought he looked badass. He dropped in size for Expendables but he was around the same size for Rocky Balboa. Such a brutally awesome film though.

In other news, picked up The Dark Knight Rises today.

Paul@TheOverlook 3rd December 2012 09:16 PM

I watched Dark Knight Rises for the first time last night and loved it. Audio/visual presentation is top notch too - reference quality lossless sound.

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd December 2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 298271)
I watched Dark Knight Rises for the first time last night and loved it. Audio/visual presentation is top notch too - reference quality lossless sound.

I'm scared to unwrap my steelbook incase it's scratched. :eek:

sawyer6 3rd December 2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 298274)
I'm scared to unwrap my steelbook incase it's scratched. :eek:

Leave it sealed forever ;)

JoshuaKaitlyn 3rd December 2012 09:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 92750Attachment 92751Attachment 92752Attachment 92753Attachment 92754

More waifs and strays! :)

JoshuaKaitlyn 3rd December 2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 298279)

:eek:Two have to go back! Disc 1 of the Devils is cracked in the center and the booklet from Seventh Seal is missing! :censored:ing :censored::(

fuzzymctiger 4th December 2012 09:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My Cowboy Bebop blu ray arrived today, so I finally hooked up my $50 cheapie blu ray player, put in the code, changed the regions and stuck in the disc. And it works!! I am now successfully region free!

Attachment 92797

fuzzymctiger 4th December 2012 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My Cowboy Bebop blu ray arrived today, so I finally hooked up my $50 cheapie blu ray player, put in the code, changed the regions and stuck in the disc. And it works!! I am now successfully region free!

Attachment 92798