Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SharonLynette 5th December 2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 298813)
Lazy oik/shameless hussy*

* delete as appropriate!

Reminds me of the old joke. 'If I'm not in bed by 5 o'clock, I go home!

**You know I love you really, Sharon!

Of course you do ;)

oh I do wish it was because I was a shameless hussy but I am in bed at that time, doing cross stitch and watching old films, nothing sexy :mmph:

antmumford 5th December 2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 298817)
Sadly, our cats like the personal touch!

I've met a few pussies like that ;) :rolleyes:

Susan Foreman 5th December 2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 298818)
Of course you do ;)

oh I do wish it was because I was a shameless hussy but I am in bed at that time, doing cross stitch and watching old films, nothing sexy :mmph:

Ooooohhh - cross stitch and old movies

How can you say that ain't sexy?

Now complete the image, and say you sleep in a full length wynciette nightie!!!

SharonLynette 5th December 2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 298826)
Ooooohhh - cross stitch and old movies

How can you say that ain't sexy?

Now complete the image, and say you sleep in a full length wynciette nightie!!!

I don't, but it isn't a bad idea! knee length socks, legging pyjamas and sometimes a ruana! It is very cold at the moment!

Susan Foreman 5th December 2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 298829)
I don't, but it isn't a bad idea! knee length socks, legging pyjamas and sometimes a ruana! It is very cold at the moment!

Phroooooooar!

*Beat the guys to it!

Gojirosan 5th December 2012 01:02 PM

Just checking out the Mill Creek double bill BD of Deep Rising and The Puppet Masters.

This has to be one of the releases of the year!

Bargain price, but lovely masters. Sound is fine in stereo (no idea about surround, have no facility), and the images are vibrant and clear, showing the respective cinematography to their fullest. The worst transfer pervs might complain of some lacking detail or even (dun, dun DURRRR) "waxiness", but this is not intrusive and only there if you're looking very hard. There is plenty of dxetail to be seen and the film experience is not affected unduly by any microscopic lack of "perfection". It's a damned sight better than any DVD/TV versions we've yet seen, I'd bet on that!

Available for way under a tenner, this a great release of two decent B flicks.

Essential purchase if you have Region A.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th December 2012 01:12 PM

What idiot(s) had to bang on about the Network dvd sale.? :rolleyes: :mmph: :lol:

PaulD 5th December 2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 298840)
What idiot(s) had to bang on about the Network dvd sale.? :rolleyes: :mmph: :lol:

Whoops!

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th December 2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 298837)
Just checking out the Mill Creek double bill BD of Deep Rising and The Puppet Masters.

This has to be one of the releases of the year!

Bargain price, but lovely masters. Sound is fine in stereo (no idea about surround, have no facility), and the images are vibrant and clear, showing the respective cinematography to their fullest. The worst transfer pervs might complain of some lacking detail or even (dun, dun DURRRR) "waxiness", but this is not intrusive and only there if you're looking very hard. There is plenty of dxetail to be seen and the film experience is not affected unduly by any microscopic lack of "perfection". It's a damned sight better than any DVD/TV versions we've yet seen, I'd bet on that!

Available for way under a tenner, this a great release of two decent B flicks.

Essential purchase if you have Region A.

Great! I'd like to be called a transfer perv from now on everyone. :D

SharonLynette 5th December 2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 298840)

You just need to direct someone that is planning to buy you presents to the sale, that's what I've done!

It's a blessing for me as there were a few items on there that I really wanted but I deemed too expensive that I can now have Mystery and Imagination, Thriller, Beadle's About volume 2, Things to Come and Dramarama vol. 1 - are all on my list before searching the site, hopefully they'll be still in stock!