Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th May 2010 06:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It's already started.Impulse buying.I've already bought too much this week but that didn't stop me from sending away for these 2 beauties from Amazon Germany (well,one beauty and Dolph Lundgren's new film!)

Daemonia 10th May 2010 12:17 PM

I recently caught up with:

Batman (1989) - Fancied watching this again and I never saw this on DVD, so I nabbed a copy on BD. Very nice picture but the film hasn't aged well, unfortunately. Looks a bit clunky and dated now. Still hugely enjoyable though.

Batman Returns (1992) - Grabbed this at the same time and this is far superior to the original. Keaton, Pfeiffer and DeVito are in fine form. The image quality on this BD is stunniing, absolutely incredible.

Edward Scissorhands (1990) - I love this film and it's so visually rich that I wanted to see it on BD and the Fox disc is a real stunner. The A/V quality is incredible. Finally this film looks as good as it should!

Until Death (2008) - An interesting actioner starring Van Damme. I must say, he's certainly becoming a better actor than I ever would've expected. The real letdown with the UK BD is that it's a non-HD presentation encoded with the old DVD codec of MPEG-2. A real shame that Momentum feel the need to shortchange customers this way. Thankfully I only rented this one - if I'd bought it expecting an HD presentation I'd have been fuming!!

Currently got The Omega Man and Bonnie and Clyde: 40th Anniversary Edition on order.

vincenzo 10th May 2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 78489)
Batman Returns (1992)

Still my favourite Batman film.

Daemonia 10th May 2010 01:50 PM

Yes, it's always been my favourite of the Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney franchise. Although, of all the Batman films that have been made, nothing beats the 1966 film with Adam West and Burt Ward...and a...err...rubber shark! :D

42ndStreetFreak 10th May 2010 02:09 PM

"Borderlands"

"Vinyan: Lost Souls" - Meant to be a real emotional mind grinder. Missing/dead kids and freaky sex in scary jungles.

"Club Dread"

"Botched" - Brit horror comedy.

"Vexille" - CGI sci-fi anime.

'Laurel & Hardy': "Swiss Miss" & shorts

"Elvis: The Movie"- ON DVD AT LAST!! Cozy, but damn fine bio. Sure as shit beats the crap out of anything Carpenter has directed for the last 22 years.

Philleh 10th May 2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 78511)
"Vinyan: Lost Souls" - Meant to be a real emotional mind grinder. Missing/dead kids and freaky sex in scary jungles.

Excellent choice mate, fantastic movie you have right there! By the director of the equally excellent the Ordeal! :thumb:

I've just got:

Harpoon
Mutants

mbv 10th May 2010 03:21 PM

four flies on grey velvet
2001 blu ray
caligula blu ray

vincenzo 10th May 2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 78507)
Although, of all the Batman films that have been made, nothing beats the 1966 film with Adam West and Burt Ward...and a...err...rubber shark! :D

This is very true. Thank heavens Robin grabbed the Shark Repellent Batspray in time. :dance:

"They may be drinkers, Robin, but they're still human beings". :pound:

Ken 10th May 2010 05:47 PM

Went on a little spending spree today at HMV and managed to get some of the Roger Corman Collection FINALLY.... :lol:

I Also managed to get:

Two Evil Eyes
Caligula (Blu Ray)
Bootcamp
The Abducted
War of the Worlds LIVE On Stage.

Roger Corman
Attack of the Crab Monsters
Big Bird Cage
Not of this Earth
Slumber Party Masacre

Great day Spending now im Skint :doh:

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th May 2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 78511)
"Elvis: The Movie"- ON DVD AT LAST!! Cozy, but damn fine bio. Sure as shit beats the crap out of anything Carpenter has directed for the last 22 years.

Wow! The Thing? Escape From New York?